What the ---- is this?

Dennyha

This is our third season for our Cyclone. In our slide out, we have a couch/recliner like this.
IMG_0119.jpg
Last night, I was sitting on it with the recliner out, kinda like this.
IMG_0120.jpg
..and my wife noticed that there was a couple of items in plastic bags stapled under the bottom.
IMG_0121.jpgThis is from the bottom looking up. What is this? I could pull the staples, remove the bags, and see what it is, but I'm afraid I'll wish I hadn't removed it, and I don't have a stapler to put it back. I figured somebody on here would know what it's for.

wdk450

With just a look at your final photo (the bag of stuff) this looks to me like an air pump and cord like I have in my sofa that converts to an air bed.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I Agee with 362. You have a message equipped, or heated chair.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dennyha

Tonight, I will remove and open the package, and provide pictures. Hopefully, this will be better than Geraldo opening the vault.

Dennyha

I removed the package from the bottom of the recliner. It was held up there by 3 staples. Here it is.
IMG_0123.jpg
Still perplexed, I removed the paperwork

IMG_0124.jpg
I still don't know what I'm dealing with here.

wdk450

OK. The paperwork page marks the item as a switched mode power supply, a fancy name for an AC to DC power "brick". Along with it was a low voltage connection cord for connecting the output of the "brick" to the chair. You need to find a corresponding power input jack on the chair, and some sort of control switches. This may require a phone call to the chair manufacturer (or a quick search on the internet with the chair make model and the word "instructions").

Oregon_Camper

It is a standard AC to DC power supply....like the ones on older PC's.

Probably meant for the chair and someone grabbed another and missed the fact this one was attached to the chair.

Dennyha

Looking under the chair, there is a cord that runs from the switch on the side to the motor on the chair frame. It has different connectors than on the AC/DC converter. It may match the connector on the back of the chair, but I can't get to it to compare.

I would have been so excited to have a heated massage chair.

Oregon_Camper

Looking under the chair, there is a cord that runs from the switch on the side to the motor on the chair frame. It has different connectors than on the AC/DC converter. It may match the connector on the back of the chair, but I can't get to it to compare.

I would have been so excited to have a heated massage chair.

Grasp the back of the chair and pull toward you. They are fairly easy to flip over. Then you can see the underside of the chair and see if you can get this plugged in and get a chair upgrade. :)

Dennyha

I tried grasping the back of the chair and pulling front, but the chair is attached to the floor. If I pull any harder, I'm afraid I'll break it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is the reclining portion of this chair electric or manual? Maybe that would help explain. If it's electric, maybe this "package" contains what controls it and the factory installed it with parts already "out of the package" versus the one that was included with this particular chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I tried grasping the back of the chair and pulling front, but the chair is attached to the floor. If I pull any harder, I'm afraid I'll break it.

Post of picture of the chair. Some have small clips that fit into a secure base, so chair doesn't move during travel.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Post of picture of the chair. Some have small clips that fit into a secure base, so chair doesn't move during travel.

Chairs are usually secured to he floor with at least two clips and screws, usually able to reach after raising the footrest for the front ones and from behond for the back ones.

Dennyha

Is the reclining portion of this chair electric or manual? Maybe that would help explain. If it's electric, maybe this "package" contains what controls it and the factory installed it with parts already "out of the package" versus the one that was included with this particular chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electric

farside291

Do the chairs work now? If so you have an extra power supply. Or maybe a separate power supply for the massage/heat portion of the chair.