What's Up With My Tires???

Lynn1130

You won't have trouble getting what you want at Discount, except maybe Sailun. I think that is one that Discount does not like to sell. Discount will match prices for on-line tires so get a price from Tire.com or one of them and then talk with Discount.

Get the spare changed out as well. You don't want to be driving ANY distance on BlowMax tires.

DallasFull-Timer

Are you sure it's a tire issue, or did the axles move, decreasing the gap on that side?

Oh it's definitely the tires. The severe crowning makes 'em look like they're about to pop!

Hey big thanks to everyone for all the replies and information/advice. I sure appreciate it!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Is there an actual designated jacking point I should be looking for? Heck, I have a 12 ton floor jack, so capacity is not an issue... I just need to know what my ideal jacking point is...

No. If you have an auto leveling on the trailer, then raise the trailer up with the leveling jacks. It is ok to raise the trailer high enough to lift the tires off the ground, if you have one.
Otherwise I would hook up to the truck and put the Jack behind the trailer wheels on the frame and raise it from there.

BC

DallasFull-Timer

No. If you have an auto leveling on the trailer, then raise the trailer up with the leveling jacks. It is ok to raise the trailer high enough to lift the tires off the ground, if you have one.
Otherwise I would hook up to the truck and put the Jack behind the trailer wheels on the frame and raise it from there.

BC

Gotcha. Thankya Sir!

DallasFull-Timer

Hey one more thing, for everyone who has followed this thread from the beginning:

Is it worth it for me to even try any kind of warranty claim on these tires? My rig is still in its first year warranty period and that was the first actual trip I've ever towed it on..

farside291

If you do decide to go to Discount Tire be aware their air compressor will only air to 90 psi. That leaves you a little short on air if you buy 110 psi tires. They told me they do not inform the customer that the tires are under inflated at 90 psi. I have checked with the store in Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and San Antonio, all the same. Just wanted to let everyone know. I went in with 105 in my Good Years and they could not top them off.

Lynn1130

You can try for a warranty claim. Some have gotten a few dollars out of them and I did get them to pay for about 90% of my trailer damage but it was a fight, to the very end. Someone who has had a more recent failure can probably come up with the contact info as mine has been 4 years now and my contact info is old.

Your claim will be with the company who supplied the tires, not Heartland BTW.

avvidclif

If you do decide to go to Discount Tire be aware their air compressor will only air to 90 psi. That leaves you a little short on air if you buy 110 psi tires. They told me they do not inform the customer that the tires are under inflated at 90 psi. I have checked with the store in Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and San Antonio, all the same. Just wanted to let everyone know. I went in with 105 in my Good Years and they could not top them off.

Maybe that's why they don't sell Sailun tires, can't air them up to operating pressure????

Lynn1130

No, as I recall my conversation with a manager at Discount it had something to do with lack of response from the manufacturer when they had issues but that is my recollection and sometime those are faulty.

Mrsfish

Maybe it's your local? But the Discount we use - and disclaimer, it is a newer store- airs to 110 with no problem. We've watched and verified. But we've also been in other ones and also had no problems

PondSkum

Like they said, you're lucky they didn't blow. I had a Tow Max blow less than 10 miles from my house on my last trip. Did a good bit of damage to the side of my Road Warrior. I tried contacting Heartland with no response in return. I ended up getting Goodyear replacements. Hopefully they treat me well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I wouldn't imagine the stock wheels on my Elkridge being 110 psi capable...

Check for a stamp on the backside of the rim. You may have to remove the wheel to see, it may be on a spoke. Look for it to say 3750 or 110.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It looks like these, from Tredit tire, called Summit, which are rated for 3750.
7e79992fdfba05d6bbf5b72ca45e6666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

Oh wow, sure enough. Looks like I have the Summit 8-lug Silver.

So I can go with 110 psi tires... which is what, Load Rating F or G?