Wheel Failure???

Matt_Teri

Would it be considered a "wheel failure" if you discover after a tire blowout, stranded on the side of the road, that the rim on your Heartland-provided, original equipment spare tire has a six lug nut pattern and the Heartland installed, original equipment hub on your trailer has an eight lug nut pattern? Besides the fact that the tires are only two years old, don't you think the spare should fit on the rig???????

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One would think the spare fits the vehicle it came with. But, rather than belabor it here, call Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and a description of the problem. Perhaps they'll make it right.

EandJ

When I bought my North Trail, it came with 15" tires. But when I got around to installing my ProPride hitch, I had to remove the spare. Had never looked at it in the month or so I had owned it. It was 14". I called Heartland and within a couple of weeks they shipped a new 15" wheel and tire to my door. Told me to keep the old spare as it would cost too much to send back.

Anybody need to buy a 14" tire and wheel - never used?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not to belittle your situation but I got a little chuckle out of it when I first read it. Had I been in your situation, I'm sure my thoughts would have been a lot worse. Having said that, something I thought about early on in my RVing use, I started checking the air pressure in the spare every time I traveled. A bit of an inconvenience but better than having a spare with low psi in the event of a flat. Now that I have a tire monitoring system, I still have to crawl under and check the spare. I'm too cheap to spend another $50 for a sending unit.