Where do the wires go.

usnthedog

My 33re has a set of gray blocks for the 12V distribution. There are maybe a dozen. The first bottom has the 12v in from the battery and a white/red wire headed to whereever. The top on the blocks are bused together with an assortment of wires off the bottom. The last block has a breaker in it (according to the dealer, just a small black button). Does anyone know how the power flows through this block assembly? Why is the white/red a direct connect to the battery? Does the breaker protect all the other wires?

And one other related. The dealer said the battery would run down in 3-4 days without shore power. Is this accurrate?

Thanks,
Jeff

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I don't have a 33RE - heck I don't even know what it is. A picture would help for the first question.

As to the second question, that is very possible. There are a few parasitic draws on the system, even when you are not using the trailer. One of them being the CO detector. That is a reason you will many owners adding battery cut off switches to their trailers.

Duane

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As to the battery question. If you run the heater all nite without shore power your battery will be very low or dead. As to where the wires go....that sounds a question for the HL factory or how about your dealer...they should know.

Last edited:

usnthedog

First of all I'm sorry for the misinformation and the lack of information. The buss is from a Greystone 32RE 5er. It is behind the battery. I have bounced all over this web site trying to determine how to submit a picture that is not tied to a URL and cannot find the information that works. If someone can tell me, I'll post a picture, otherwise I have to say thanks for trying and let this post die.

Jeff​

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Use the "Reply to Thread", then "Go Advanced", then scroll down to "manage attachments". Click the button and follow the directions from there. Hope this helps.

Bob&Patty

Jeff, I think what you are seeing the circuit breakers for items that ARE NOT fuse protected. Here is are 3 of them...front landing gear, rear elec stabilizers, slide motors and a few more depending on the equipment the coach has.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
First of all I'm sorry for the misinformation and the lack of information. The buss is from a Greystone 32RE 5er. It is behind the battery. I have bounced all over this web site trying to determine how to submit a picture that is not tied to a URL and cannot find the information that works. If someone can tell me, I'll post a picture, otherwise I have to say thanks for trying and let this post die.

Jeff​
Jeff, You can add pictures to an existing post by clicking on the "Edit Post" tab at the bottom of the post you want to add pictures to OR click on reply to thread. After that, click on the "go advanced" button, look for the "add files" button, then browse. You can then look on your PC for the pics you want to add. You will have to add pictures one at a time. You then can upload and close the window then submit. Hope this helps.

usnthedog

Buss bar.jpgOk. I finally got it uploaded. The red wire on the left is from the battery and is attached to the bottom of the block, as is the White/red wire. The tops of the blocks are barred together and the one on the far right is the breaker. Logic would tell me the battery should connect to the top and feed the bar and down through the blocks. Are the blocks any sort of fuse or breaker? The white sticky note is mine. If I look at this only the far right wire is protected. My wiring experience, limited as it is would attach the battery to the top of the breaker, down to the bar on the bottom and up through the other blocks to the wires that are attached to the top therefore protecting all the wires/equipment. Am I clear off base and fail to see the 'big picture'.

Sorry this is so long
Jeff

jimtoo

Hi Jeff,

OK... the battery is feeding the first breaker(on left) which feeds the bar across the top to the other breakers. All of the breakers appear to be automatic reset except the last one(on right) which probably feeds the slides or legs. The breaker that the battery is hooked to (1st) is maybe a 50-60 amp,, all the others are maybe 30's, except the last one. If you will trace the red/white wire it will probably go to the breakaway switch. I hope I am correct... I'm sure someone else will jump in soon.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Looks normal to me. The circuit breakers in our Horn look just like that. Are you having a problems with the electrical system??

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Maybe this diagram will help you.

Attachments

• Buss_Bar_for_LM-BH-BC.pdf
    694.4 KB · Views: 55

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, here is another thought. The diagram that Terry posted shows the red wire (heavy one) that comes from the battery goes to the buss bar. Where it should. But in the OP's pic it shows it is not on the buss bar. The red/w wire that is on the breaker terminal is not protected unless there is a fuse in line somewhere.
Thoughts??

Peace
Dave

usnthedog

Thanks everyone. This has really become like eating oysters, the more you chew the bigger they get. In the beiginning my dealer said to disconnect the battery if you are going to be off shore power for 3-4 days because your battery will run down. OK, I don't connect to shore power when I am at home. So I decided to install a switch. Then I read a post about leaving the breakaway connected and then a post about leaving the charge side of the shore power connected incase you connect shore power and not the battery and then I find the reference drawing FEL-5058 that does not look like mine and that really messed me up. I like to understand what I am doing before I do it and at this point I not sure I do.
Ooooooo, I'm just so confused.

jbeletti

Jeff,

Products evolve over time, and what you have may not match what others have or what that drawing has. Your best bet, call Heartland Customer Service on Monday at 877-262-8032 and ask for an updated drawing of buss bar / breakers. And ask exactly where they suggest you install the battery switch.

Jim