Where is the kitchen grey tank located on an 09 Augusta

beardedone

Beardedone
I have an 09 Landmark Augusta that has sprung a seriously big leak in the grey tank (#2) that is located under the kitchen floor. It seems to be right above the axles but I need to confirm this as I want to cut the underbelly and see if I can fix it. I know this is the tank that is leaking because I had the heat register out near the kitchen table and everything is soaking wet down in the belly. I have hooked my "Blue Boy" up to the dump and opened the drain valve to help evacuate the water as fast as possible when it necessary to use the kitchen sink. Any help is appreciated.

danemayer

Hi beardedone,

I'm not sure about your 2009, but on our 2011 Landmark, the gray #2 tank is further forward, the front edge is perhaps 12-18" to the rear of the drop frame. On ours the fresh tank is over the axles.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well if anyone needs to know, today I found out where the #2 (kitchen) grey tank is. It is just behind the axles! What a job to get at it but I did. What happened, the drain pipe had no slope to it and just enough water got trapped in the cross over drain pipe that it froze and caused a hairline crack about 16 inches long, each year getting worse. I fixed the plumbing and tried to give it a little slope but not much I could to fix it. As far as I am concerned the tank should have been turned 180 degrees. Another thing, and Heartland should pay attention, everything is way too long. I was able to cut a lot of heater ducting off because it was too long and getting kinked, electrical cables were way over length and get all messed up with everything. So tomorrow I will finish off by shortening as much as possible, replacing the fiberglass insulation with rigid styrofoam board and everything will be taped up sealed. I am also going to put rigid insulation on the inside of the "I" beam frame. I had hoped to finish today but a pesky bear in the area cut my day short.

beardedone

Beardedone
ATF: Landmark - Is my #2 grey tank mounted backwards?

I have had a nagging leak at the back of the trailer under the kitchen. It got really bad and the gauge didn't even move!. So I cut the bottom open and promptly got soaked by a rush of water and wet insulation. The water had migrated over a very large area. On exam the fittings on the tank were fine. I had my wife run water continuously into the sink and I soon found the leak. The drain pipe had a hairline crack about 12 inches long. I feel that the cracked pipe started small and grew each winter. So the tank drain is facing the curb side of the trailer and then pipe winds around and over to the drivers side. The pipe actually goes up as it leaves the tank. When you go to the dump it is impossible to ever empty the tank because it faces uphill on the sloped dump pad! The gate to drain is near the front of the trailer so once you leave the dump station the tank will drain and fill the pipe. Thus the pipe was full during winter and easily froze. Not knowing this the amount of anti freeze needed to prevent the pipe from freezing would equal about 25 liters, if not more. To prove my suspicion I left the main drain open and drove around our large park and let the tank drain. The amount of water that came out was unreal! The only way to fix this properly is that the tank should be turned around. Second choice is a special drain in the pipe near the tank and the third is to use an awful lot of anti-freeze because until anti-freeze is observed running out the dump valve you have no way of knowing if the tank and pipe are winterized! At this time my only choice is put a very large amount of anti freeze in the holding tank.