Where is the light switch? I Found It!

JanAndBill

On our 2013, 3260EL we have a light about midway back on the driver's side of the trailer and up near the top of the trailer. We have tried every switch we can find to turn this light on, but no success as yet. I assumed the flood light switch controlled it, but it only turns on the light at the front of the trailer on the door side. Can anyone shed some "light" on this, before I get the ladder out and climb up to check the bulb?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Where is the light switch?

Did you get a remote with the BH? Its the only way we can turn on the off side dome light.

MCTalley

Same here on our BC. There is a dedicated button on our remote with a light bulb symbol. It turns our security lights (midway down the driver's side and towards the front of the passenger side) on and off. No fixed switches anywhere in the coach for those lights.

lakeside

We had the same problem with our new Bighorn and asked the question right here. The answer is your remote. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Lakeside

priorguy

Same question with my North Trail, forum helped me out too. Way to go again gang.

JanAndBill

Same here on our BC. There is a dedicated button on our remote with a light bulb symbol. It turns our security lights (midway down the driver's side and towards the front of the passenger side) on and off. No fixed switches anywhere in the coach for those lights.

The light up front on the passenger side works off the switch on the control panel labeled flood light. My remote battery is dead so I'll have to charge it to see if the other light works off the remote

JanAndBill

Well it's not the remote. The light switch on the remote turns the little light under the steps on and off. Time to get the ladder out and see if I have a bad bulb.

brianharrison

Usually the scare lights are wired together. I suspect your bulb is burnt out on the drivers side and they probably both work from the single switch inside the trailer.

Theresau

It's my understanding that the BC remote has the security lights but the BH and LM have the step lights on the remote.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

I think you are right. My guess, it's a burned out bulb or loose connection.

It's my understanding that the BC remote has the security lights but the BH and LM have the step lights on the remote.

JanAndBill

Pulled the big ladder out so I could reach the light. Once the cover was pulled it was the bulb. Both flood lights operate off the main switch panel.

danemayer

Pulled the big ladder out so I could reach the light. Once the cover was pulled it was the bulb. Both flood lights operate off the main switch panel.
Get LED replacements so next time the bulb burns out you can install a long-life LED instead.

JanAndBill

Get LED replacements so next time the bulb burns out you can install a long-life LED instead.

We live out in the country, so it's not just a quick trip around the corner to store. I have a good size shop with an inventory of common items. Unfortunately LED bulbs are not in inventory. Need to pickup a box of the them. I agree they are the way to go.