Which part to order?

carlgonz1

Hi. I tried to drain the grey tank today and pulled the lever. Water drained. Yet when I slid it back in I heard a pop. Next thing I know, the whole line was disconnected and pulled right out. I think I need to replace the entire valve, but I don't know the proper replacement part number to order.

I have a 2016 Road Warrior 420. I think I have to repair via the underbelly. Not looking forward to it. Wish there was some type of access panel for these things, but guess that's too optimistic.

Can anyone help guide me?

Attachments

• 20231130_163539.jpg
    20231130_163539.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a set screw that holds the cable to the valve.
You might consider dropping the coroplast cover and have a look at the valve. You might save yourself from making up a bunch of new swear words.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Cut yourself an access panel to get to the valve, then seal it up.
Pull the side of the underbelly down far enough to see the location of the valve, or use an inspection camera to look. Once located, cut the access under the valve. When you cut the access panel, cut a 3-sided opening about 6" bigger then you would need for both arms. When cutting the access panel, leave the hinge side toward the front of the rig. You can use Gorilla tape to seal it up. If you like place some 1x4 boards that go side to side and screw the underbelly to the boards. Then tape it up with the Gorilla tape.

carlgonz1

I am grateful for the answers provided. Yet is there any place that I can find information on what part to order? I looked inside my owner's manual and much of the content relates to how to use the system. Can't find any information on replacing.
There is a set screw that holds the cable to the valve.
You might consider dropping the coroplast cover and have a look at the valve. You might save yourself from making up a bunch of new swear words.

Peace
Dave
I cut the underbelly and found the valve. It was relatively easy. Yes, the cable disconnected from the screw. I was able to open the valve manually so the tank emptied. That's wonderful news. The screw. I will work on reattaching it and if that works tape up and call it a day. Thank you for your assistance.

sengli

Unlike a car or motorcycle where you can look up a parts in a specific catalog. These Rvs are are all built pretty much from the same parts regardless which brand builds them. Glad you found your valve, but you are empowered now to take care of it on your own.

Routemaster

Do you know what I found very sticky, is this for patching up the joints:-

ZIP System Huber Flashing Tape​

Routemaster

How about installing this one would have to place washers inside the belly to support the ring yes or no?
Den.

Attachments

• Marine access.JPG
    Marine access.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 7