Who is Responsible for Relacing My Tires?

Jhuff8181

We purchased a 2015 3650BH in September. We ordered it direct from the factory delivered to a dealership in Vermont then delivered to our home in New Hampshire. I have calculated that it was towed about 1000 miles by the time it reached my house. I have towed it about 60 miles since for state inspection, practice, etc. I was installing a TPMS yesterday and noticed an indentation in one tire. It is about four inches long and runs perpendicular to the edge of the tire on the sidewall. If this tire needs to be replaced who's responsible for the cost, the dealer or Heartland? The real issue here is that we leave for Florida on Thursday! I have to say it is more than a little upsetting to think that I spent $***** for an RV from a manufacture that claims to be the best only to find out that they install inferior tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Brand of tire? Take it to a reputable tire dealer and ask them to inspect it. Could just be a cosmetic mold imperfection or it may be a bad tire? You won't know until you get it looked at. And photos work.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I replaced my Towmax after 1500 miles as I had trouble with them on my previous 5ver. The peace of mind is well worth the cost. Discount tire gave me a credit for each tire to ease the pain.

MTPockets

We purchased a 2015 3650BH in September. We ordered it direct from the factory delivered to a dealership in Vermont then delivered to our home in New Hampshire. I have calculated that it was towed about 1000 miles by the time it reached my house. I have towed it about 60 miles since for state inspection, practice, etc. I was installing a TPMS yesterday and noticed an indentation in one tire. It is about four inches long and runs perpendicular to the edge of the tire on the sidewall. If this tire needs to be replaced who's responsible for the cost, the dealer or Heartland? The real issue here is that we leave for Florida on Thursday! I have to say it is more than a little upsetting to think that I spent $50000 for an RV from a manufacture that claims to be the best only to find out that they install inferior tires.
. Tire warranties are handled by tire dealer; same as cars/trucks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It is a Towmax tire.

Says it all. If you had been reading these forums for any length of time, you would have seen that many, if not all, who factory order a rig demand they don't put that trash on them.

Call the tire supplier, as recommended, and see what they say. But since you took delivery of it with those tires, it might not get you much. Some owners have replaced them on their own dime and sold the BlowMaxs to someone with a utility trailer.

danemayer

A lot of people have reported good results with Sailun S637 tires. They're reasonably priced, and are load range G, versus E. You might want to upgrade before your big trip. A tire dealer may give you a trade-in on your almost new Towmax tires.

jeffdee

I had one of my TowMax tires with the same indentation. However it was a different tire that eventually failed.

scottyb

If you do a search on this forum, you will find no less than 50 topics about Towmax tires over the last 3 years, maybe more.

Look at the bright side. The 1000 miles pulled by no telling who, and under no telling what circumstances were on the "Throw Away" tires. Now you can start fresh with a high quality set of tires, installed by professional tire guys, and you will control their destiny. It will probably cost you less than you would have paid for the upgraded tires at the factory. This is the way I rationalized having to purchase 6 new tires before my rig ever hit the road. I have to say looking back, the 18K trouble free miles before we sold it, without constantly worrying about the tires was worth it.

MrRvGypsy

OP you need to consider the OEM tires as delivery tires only. You have no idea whether they were towed above the ST speed limit of 65MPH, you have no idea whether they were towed low on air pressure nor do you have any idea how many curbs or potholes they dropping into or towed over. Invest in a set of quality G-rated tires of which they are quite a few and then you can tow with a measure of confidence that you won't be sitting at the side of the road with a damaged trailer and a blown tire.