Why should I buy a Cyclone?

GTFan

My wife and I just sold our Class A Tiffin MH because we want to carry the bike and have a detachable tow vehicle. We have three 5th wheel toy haulers in mind and are down to the final scrum over which it will be. We will be purchasing for next summer as winter will be here soon in Minnesota. We have seen all three, and like different aspects of each one. We have heard the dealer hype and want a fold down side deck so floor plans have been resolved. Now I want to hear from the owners of this specific model who know far more than dealers and have different motivations. Why should I spend my hard earned money on a Cyclone? :D

Thanks for your input,

Tammie and Ken

US Army (Retired)

jimtoo

Hi Tammie and Ken,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some good info from some of our other Cyclone owners. One thing to look at other than the unit itself is how well Heartland stands behind their product and also the Heartland Owners Forum has the best people there is and we have a world of information not only from the members, but one of the best selection of owners manuals and how to manuals there is. A lot of the information is actually written by folks that know what they are doing and use a Heartland unit, so we know it works.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a rally.

Jim M

Lynn1130

Which Cyclone? there are several sizes and something specific here would narrow your feedback? Garage size is probably going to be the biggest difference between them but some have more "extras".

Sarge

HOOAH Brother -

We looked at ALL the toy haulers and decided on the Cyclone -

The deal didn't come together so we switched to the 362 Road Warrior.

Absolutely the most bang for the buck - Plus it gave us a second bath (wife's demand) and the most interior room under 40' total length...

Sarge

LBR

Sounds like you are looking for a CY 4200 or 4250 and a 10' or longer garage for a bike....check out those 2 models and also the comparable Road Warrior series that parallel these listed CY models.

Lynn1130

I am not positive but I don't think you can get a Cyclone with a garage that is under 10". 10" is fine but if you should measure what you are putting in there. My Pioneer fits but some other UTVs do not so depending upon what you want to put iin it, look at the garage length.

LBR

I am not positive but I don't think you can get a Cyclone with a garage that is under 10". 10" is fine but if you should measure what you are putting in there. My Pioneer fits but some other UTVs do not so depending upon what you want to put iin it, look at the garage length.
When the OP stated a bike would be in the back, I didn't think he meant a UTV as mentioned....bicycles and motorcycles are usually thought to be less than 10'.

Lynn1130

and a 10' or longer garage for a bike.

Understood. I was referring to the 10' or longer which seems to indicate that there is a garage under 10'. There is not on any Cyclone to my knowledge. I used the UTV as an example only.

U2fletch

We ended up with a 2017 Cyclone 3110, but looked at the Road Warrier 3611JS as well. The 10' garage is actually about 9' 6" or so since we have the 3 seasons door (which we love) and patio option. Our Stratoliner rides on a front wheel chock and has inches to spare in the back.

You can't go wrong with the Road Warrier or Cyclone, just look closely at the cargo capacity specs on your specific model. When fully loaded with fuel, or water, some models get maxed out very quickly.

Lynn1130

Congrats and the 9"6 is good to know as they must have shortened the garage. Mine is exactly 10'.

GTFan

Thank you for your input. We are considering the CY4200. To clarify the meaning of "bike", it is a Triumph cruiser weighing in at close to 800lbs wet. A 10' garage is plenty for this bike. So, what if anything can you tell be about quality, attention to detail, construction, thermal isolation between the inside and outside in extreme temperatures (Arizona in the summer and Minnesota in the winter) and owner satisfaction with Heartland customer service.:D

Lynn1130

The best advice here is do a very thorough check of everything in the trailer. There are lists available and I am sure several owners will jump in with their own or lists that are available on the Web. Take your time with this. If I had that to do over again I would have had the dealer set the entire day aside for that. Then plan a shakedown trip close to home or even in your driveway before you take off on a long trip and get a surprise. There are several problem areas that seem to crop up most here and water leaks are one of those. There were a lot of little things like interior trim and drawers that needed extra attention.

Unless something has changed the garage is not insulated. There is no insulation in the floor and little to none in the walls. The heater vent to that area puts out little to no heat. The run is too long from the heater and in my case the line was kinked. Plan on providing extra heat to that area in winter and an air conditioner in the garage is a plus if you pan on sleeping in it.

I am not knocking Heartland. These are problems with most all RV's but by searching this site for problems you will educate yourself as to what to look for. You will find some who were not/are not happy. Thank happens with any product. My dad used to say some people would B---- if they were hung with a new rope.

Just be thorough.

ramdually4100king

I have a cyclone 4100 and have no problem putting my Harley road glide in the back. Tie downs are in funky locations so I use a front wheel chock also. It gets really bumpy back there so ensure it's tied down good.

As for the quality we have been living in it for almost four years with two kids (7,10) and it still looks new. We don't have the yeti package so if the temps get above 90deg we run both ACs to keep it cool. Haven't had this one out in the northern cold yet so can't help there.

When my rig is loaded to move (30gal in water tank, and Harley in) I'm at about 20300lbs trailer weight.

Good luck with your decision.

BLR

Thank you for your input. We are considering the CY4200. To clarify the meaning of "bike", it is a Triumph cruiser weighing in at close to 800lbs wet. A 10' garage is plenty for this bike. So, what if anything can you tell be about quality, attention to detail, construction, thermal isolation between the inside and outside in extreme temperatures (Arizona in the summer and Minnesota in the winter) and owner satisfaction with Heartland customer service.:D
We just picked ours (4018) up on Saturday..Stayed in the dealers RV park since we had to switch everything from one trailer to the other and just to see if there were going to be any MAJOR issues since we were leaving on a 3+ week vacation. Dry camping in the NV desert.. We did order it with the Yeti package JUST in case we ever got caught in the cold and we also ordered it with dual pane windows, we are both very glad we got those options... We also had them upgrade to the residential refrigerator glad we did that upgrade also. So far we have had only very minor issues that we will have the dealer take care of when we get back to Oregon.

IronJ

We have had out RW420 for a little over a year...it's seen 18k miles of road and carried pretty much every toy you could imagine in the back...

As for construction, they are all about the same...

We have had some issues/warranty stuff but heartland was very easy to deal with...your dealer may not be so much...so choose wisely..

The larger units have both an a/c and heat strip in the rear garage ..with the quick cool vents open it will maintain a nice temp as long as your not at outside extremes with the back patio down...

We chose a th over a motor home for the same reason as you...and do not regret it or buying heartland one iota!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish