Wierd leak after rain

skyguy

I noticed a new leak after a rare rainstorm in Buena Vista this weekend. We have a Bighorn 3270, and water was pooled (not much) on the roof of the doorside slide. It was leaking through the bottom of the trim piece that runs across the top edge of the slide, and running down the exterior wall, and down (outside) the window behind the couch. It did not appear to be inside.

Anyway, there is a strip of tape (?) that runs the length of that trim where the trim meets the roof of the slide that appears to be useless at this point, it's loose, buckled, etc.

Questions:
Is there a bead of caulk along this edge seam, if so what should I use?

What should I use to replace this "tape"?

Thanks!

Al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Probably a strip of wide Eternabond would work. Clean up the surface and lay it right over top. That, or install a slide topper over it.

skyguy

Thanks, John.

I was researching Eternabond, and ran across a thread that said something about RV dealers don't like to see used RV's that have Eternabond on them. (Not that I am interested in trading in at this point).

Any thoughts on this???

Al

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Al,
You'll probably lose your kiester on a trade-in anyways, so what's a few more bucks? The best I'd hope for in a trade-in was to get what I still owed on it. The only way I'll get another 5'er is if this one turns into a charcoal briquet (and the insurance replaces it). I've got this one pretty much the way I like it and there isn't a better floorplan out there, IMNSHO.