Will My Tires Fit

Rodbuster

I have somebody interested in the G614's that I have for sale but we have an issue to straighten out. He has a 2011 Greystone that came with ST235/80R16E and wants to know if my LT235/85R16 tires "and wheels" will fit his lug pattern on his Greystone.

He said that he called Lippert, and Lippert wanted to know the part number of my axle (which I provided).

Somebody told me about 5 months ago that ST235/80R16's would fit on a 7000# or 8000# "Dexter" axle., but I don't want to give him false information until I know for sure.
My G614's came off a 8000# Dexter axle. I didn't even know that Lippert made axles.

He's doing some research and I'm trying to find an answer also.
I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.
Dick

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If he is close by, you could take the spares off each trailer and physically compare them?

brianharrison

Unfortunately both Lippert and Dexter provide 7000# axles with 8 lug by 6 1/2 bolt circle diameter with either 1/2" or 9/16 diameter studs. The specific part numbers will determine the exact configuration.

As far as I know, 8000# can have 8 by 6 1/2 with 9/16 or 5/8 stud diameter. I have (unfortunately) 7000# Lippert axles on my Landmark with 9/16 studs. They are pretty thin walled tubing and do not keep their alignment very well......

I suspect your wheels are 9/16 stud diamter - measure the ID of the bolt hole - should be just larger than 9/16. The other party can remove one of his lug nuts and measure ID of the lug nut - should be able to determine his stud diameter from that - I am suspecting his may be 1/2"

Brian