Wingard Road Trip

jdamude

I have been researching what would be the satellite system for our Big Country 3650RL. We are Canadian and use Bell ExpressVu as our programming provider. We use the Dish Pay-As-You Go while we are traveling in the US.

I thought about bout the Dish traveler system but don't care for the big dish on the roof when set up.

I have decided to purchase a In Motion Wingard Road Trip system. The In Motion isn't required but it is only $100 extra for the option. It is available with a black dome to match the AC units.

The disadvantage age is you have to remove the dome to change the satellite settings.

If anyone would like to chime in on pro's and cons to the systems, please feel free.

Thanks
Jeff

pegmikef

I use the Dish Tailgater, but it is only good in the states. Nice thing is, is that it is portable, relatively inexpensive, requires only a single cable and unlike a roof mount, it can be moved around potential obstructions. Just a thought.

jdamude

After looking at all the systems available, we decided to purchase the KVH RV1. We needed the ability to switch satellites from Bell ExpressVu and Dish. The only Wingard system that would allow this without getting on the roof and changing a Dip Switches was the Wingard a Traveler.

After talking to Heartland and finding out that they don't reinforce the roof on the Big Countries, I was worried about the Traveler and the effects on the roof in high wind. The Big a Country's don't have control cables pre wired either.

The KVH offers Bell,Dish standard and HD as well as Direct standard. All Satellites can be selected through a new router that allows for on screen programming. The system is a single wire system using the coax already in the trailer.

Although it it has no benefit to our fifth wheel the dish offers in motion technology.

We we had a KVH dish similar to this model on our boat and it worked great.

installation will be done this coming weekend.