winterize 5th wheel when NOT using it for 9 months

scottknight1

I put my 2016 big horn 3160 on a consignment lot here in Tacoma WA last month for sale. Concerned about winter damage if we are not using the rig at all and they are not doing anything in terms of humidifiers, etc to prevent moisture and warpage inside the 5th wheel. I drained all water out of all tanks.

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
661 219 1197

Bogie

You didn't mention winterizing the water lines. So either winterize with antifreeze, or blow out the lines with air to prevent damage should there be a hard freeze.

As far as interior moisture, I use DampRid. I put in two containers. One in the main living area and one in the bedroom.

Dahillbilly

we have the max air vent covers over 3 of our vents, just leave them slightly open for some air movement for moisture control. I would add the antifreeze to the system only takes 3-4 gallons & no worries

NYSUPstater

Another option too is to place charcoal briquettes onto/in alum pans and place in a couple spots in coach w/ things closed up to aid in moisture absorption. I do this as too much dust gets kicked up by owner of storage place , so keeping vents open isn't a option.