Wow, wow, water!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To answer you question. I did, saw it was leaking in a very heavy rain. Called the dealer and made an appointment. Took the vehicle to the dealer, they found and repaired the leak. They also gave us a car to drive and replaced the carpet. To me it was no harm, no foul. But since I was an auto tech for 40+ years I understand that things can happen. There is nothing perfect made by man, no matter how much it costs. BTW, your coach does not go to the factory to be repaired. It will be repaired by a dealer.
MY 2cts

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Bummer, sporlan! :( Sorry about your problems! My 09 Cyclone must certainly have been built on a different day. I've lived in it full-time for over a year now. I've been in massive wind & rain in eastern OK and have had snow covering all my vents, skylights and both my rectangle windows on the slideouts. In fact, I've gotten about 6-8" of fresh snow today. Luckily, the only leak I have experienced was from a loose fitting on the back of the water heater. Hope things get resolved for you. I LOVE MY CYCLONE!!

bigredtruck

Bummer, sporlan! :( Sorry about your problems! My 09 Cyclone must certainly have been built on a different day. I've lived in it full-time for over a year now. I've been in massive wind & rain in eastern OK and have had snow covering all my vents, skylights and both my rectangle windows on the slideouts. In fact, I've gotten about 6-8" of fresh snow today. Luckily, the only leak I have experienced was from a loose fitting on the back of the water heater. Hope things get resolved for you. I LOVE MY CYCLONE!!

ditto. although we don't full time, we have used our Cyclone all winter. we have had ours for 8 months now and didn't cover it during the worst winter the Pacific NW has had in years. No problems (knock on wood).Sorry to hear that someone else is so unhappy.

pameskamp

I too have had many leaks on my new Sundance. It is clearly a design problem in regards to the slide-outs. I have fixed all problems on my own and have not contacted Heartland.

sporlan

Well it's finally fixed. Last week we had a nice Saturday. I removed the window completely and sealed everything. We have had a couple of rain storms. I have checked it and it's DRY!!! I am very glad to have it fixed. I didn't want to get into it but I know this was a issue known by the dealer or factory before I bought it. Somebody used a LOT of silicone to try and seal up the rubber that runs along the bump out. It was at the bottom where the rain was getting into the coach and on the carpet. I checked all the other bump outs in the same place. This was a known issue by SOMEBODY. No point in getting into it. I fixed it just like all the other stuff on this coach I have not even posted here.
I don't understand a lot of manufactures quality control. I figure most consumers either don't care about quality or people settle for taking things in to be repaired all the time. I am sure glad I have the ability to fix my own stuff. Time is way to valuable to waste on trips to the dealer/seller.;)

Last edited:

kkamshop

Glad to hear its fixed. QC does have a long way to go and its a shame to spend so much money for something thats not right, but now that we've accepted that fact, lets go enjoy our RVs... :)