How To Program The Safe Code

JanAndBill

We have a 2013 3260EL with the home safe in the closet. The instruction seem simple enough as to how to program our personal digital code in, but we have yet to make it work. When we enter the code, the indicator light turns green, which I assume means it accepted the code, but the knob won't turn to release the door. I can use the key and the door will unlock. Anyone learned the secret to cracking the safe????

Phatkd

We haven't done that yet in our new rig,..but I am subscribed to this thread as I am interested as well.

danemayer

Could one of you post the manufacturer's name and the model # of the safe. I'd like to get the user documents.

kowAlski631

Are you remembering to put in a # at the end of your code? We didn't have any problems with the programming when we did it back in October.

JanAndBill

Ours is a Stack-On PDS-505. Here's a link that shows pictures of it http://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-PDS-...f=sr_1_19?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1361107747&sr=1-19 When we try to unlock the safe (using our programmed code) nothing happens until we press #. When we press the # button, the green light comes on but the handle will not turn. After a few seconds the green light goes out. We've tried taking the batteries out and reprogramming the code with the same results.

danemayer

Ours is a Stack-On PDS-505.
Thanks. I've posted a copy of the instruction manual in the manuals section of the forum in case you or someone with this safe can't find your copy.

Btw, the way the instructions read to me, you enter your new code, press the # button, and then enter the code a second time to test (before closing the door).

JanAndBill

EUREKA the safe has been cracked, and I have been vindicated as not being a complete idiot. After programing and reprograming the thing several times, I decided something wasn't right. Took the 3 screws out of the cover on the back of the door, and found the cable to the solenoid that releases the lock was not seated all the way on the circuit board. Plugged it in properly and problem solved!!!!! For any of you who have this safe, after you enter your code to open the safe press * the green indicator light will light and you'll hear a distinctive "click" as the solenoid activates. It will stay active for a few seconds and then click shut. If you don't hear the solenoid click you probably have a loose connection.

kowAlski631

Thanks for posting the solution - sure many of us could experience the same thing - you just got lucky & got the weird situation out of the way early!

GregBassine

Hello to all. I hope I am following protocol here. If not, please advise. We just purchased a new 2014 36' Bighorn 3260 Elite, and it came with that same safe. There were no manuals that came with our new owner packet, and the door is locked. Is there a code the safe is set to at the factory that we enter to get the door open? Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Not positive but I think the factory default code is... 1,2,3,4,5,# Give that a try.

Hello to all. I hope I am following protocol here. If not, please advise. We just purchased a new 2014 36' Bighorn 3260 Elite, and it came with that same safe. There were no manuals that came with our new owner packet, and the door is locked. Is there a code the safe is set to at the factory that we enter to get the door open? Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

GregBassine

Thanks for the feedback. I entered the safe model on youtube and found a video showing how to open it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI25Q0JK7QY). There is a panel at the middle of the door that you take off, and put the key in to open. No where could I find anything about where the panel was. Bottom line I found the panel, took it off and opened the door with the key the RV place gave us when we bought the RV. Also, the factory code is 1 2 3 4. Thanks all for your help. Life is now good again.

JanAndBill

The keys were in a plastice bag along with all the other documentation on the trailer. Safe uses a 4 digit code followed with *

porthole

Retired
Almost all of these "inexpensive" electronic locks are the same.

Factory defaults for some are 1 5 9 followed by A or B, lock opens
Most of the rest are 1 2 3 4 followed by the *

I have three different manufacturers of these inexpensive safes. The newest is a few months old and the oldest is almost 10 years.

They each work the same.

Te reset on all of mine is:
Find the red button on the inside (code reset), press until yellow light is on.
Input new code followed by th e"activate" button (A, B or *)

Lock should beep to confirm. More then one or two beeps probably indicates the code was not accepted.

Of course you should test 2-3 times before you actually lock the safe :rolleyes:

JanAndBill

Just a word of advise when we tried to program ours it just wouldn't work. I took the back cover off the lock and found a clip not fully seated on the circuit board. Fixed that and everything worked.