Slide wiper seal replacement

MichaelV

If anyone is interested, this is how change out the side wiper seals on your slide outs. First: Each rail/tract that holds the seal has a crimp at the bottom so the seal does not slide out. This can be opened back up using a flat tip screwdriver. Now slide out the seal, measure, cut to size. You can spray a lubricant in the rail from the top end to ease installation of the new seal. Slide the seal in from the bottom and using a small hammer lightly close the track on the new seal. The seal part number is Norco or BAL R854056. There is an inside and outside seal on each slide so 4 per slide out. I purchased mine from here: https://colawrvparts.com. Their number is 1877 548 2125 and ask for Kristina.

I live in AZ and I have been thru two set on my '17 NT 23. This time I'm going to soak in 303 to see if it will soften them up and keep them pliable.
Hope this helps.
Mike

If anyone is interested, this is how change out the side wiper seals on your slide outs. First: Each rail/tract that holds the seal has a crimp at the bottom so the seal does not slide out. This can be opened back up using a flat tip screwdriver. Now slide out the seal, measure, cut to size. You can spray a lubricant in the rail from the top end to ease installation of the new seal. Slide the seal in from the bottom and using a small hammer lightly close the track on the new seal. The seal part number is Norco or BAL R854056. There is an inside and outside seal on each slide so 4 per slide out. I purchased mine from here: https://colawrvparts.com. Their number is 1877 548 2125 and ask for Kristina.

I live in AZ and I have been thru two set on my '17 NT 23. This time I'm going to soak in 303 to see if it will soften them up and keep them pliable.
Hope this helps.
Mike
I was always wondering just how old mine was I was screwed by hartland like a 2017 frame on my 2018 , 2018 not till 2019 and a few other things . Anyway thanks for the information.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a 2018 model then it was likely built in 2017.
My 2011 was built in 2010. So a 2010 frame on a 2011 model.

Peace
Dave

How do I change the inner seals? They seem to be pinched at the bottom, which goes to the floor and doesn't seem accesible. And the left side is virtually inaccessible.

Thanks !

see post #1 above
Thanks Dahillbilly,

I did read the post in its entirity, and read again just now thinking I may have missed something. There is no access to slide up from the bottom like the outside seals have the ability to do. That is my real question. To see if it was easy to maybe pusy the seal in from the edge gap instead of sliding up from the bottom as I did outside.

I would alos like to know the true importance of these inner seals, if the outer seals are fully intact. It looks like I may need to remove fascia to get to the one on the left side as there is maybe 4-5 inches between it and the wall for the bath/shower on my 2021 22CRB.

Respectfully trying to gather information to help my upkeep,
Mike

Dahillbilly

Thanks Dahillbilly,

I did read the post in its entirity, and read again just now thinking I may have missed something. There is no access to slide up from the bottom like the outside seals have the ability to do. That is my real question. To see if it was easy to maybe pusy the seal in from the edge gap instead of sliding up from the bottom as I did outside.

I would alos like to know the true importance of these inner seals, if the outer seals are fully intact. It looks like I may need to remove fascia to get to the one on the left side as there is maybe 4-5 inches between it and the wall for the bath/shower on my 2021 22CRB.

Respectfully trying to gather information to help my upkeep,
Mike
understand that I've got to replace two of mine & wondering the same thing; time to investigate little more

Keep me informed if you discover the remedy and I will do the same on my end.

I have been working on my AC ducting today. Pretty proud of what I have done. I hope it works as expected after I service/clean the coils tomorrow.

Mike

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Are you referring to the flat wiper seals around the slide outs? I replaced the outer and inner set on the bedroom slide because they were all torn
I didn’t slide them out or back in. I used a pick to get the top end free of the track then just pulled to remove. Cut new piece to length and snapped it back in the groove
The pair inside was difficult working around the fascia and bed but I was able to complete.
If I had to replace the inners on the kitchen slide out, the north end would require removing the fascia for sure

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8431.jpeg
    IMG_8431.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Dahillbilly

Keep me informed if you discover the remedy and I will do the same on my end.

I have been working on my AC ducting today. Pretty proud of what I have done. I hope it works as expected after I service/clean the coils tomorrow.

Mike
did the a/c thing also installed the RV airflow & it made a huge difference in noise level & air movement use this link to RV airflow for a discount https://rvairflow.refr.cc/robertmorris