what is this hose for?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We have 2011 LM augusta, on the door side there is a white hose hanging down just ahead od the door. I was in the crawl space and under neath but have no idea what this hose is for. I presume that it drains something but what? Any ideas?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it has a small valve on it and is the only hose sticking out of the belly, it's probably the fresh water tank drain.

beardedone

Beardedone
If it is on the same side as your washer and dryer it could be a drain hose from the pan under the washer and if only roughed in it should be there.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
The fresh water drain is on the otherside. We do have the washer dryer, If it is for the washer, does the washer not drain into a grey tank?

RollingHome

I believe Gerry is saying it "might" go to the spill pan the washer sits in, not the washer drain itself. If he is correct, it would only be used 'IF' the washer spills or leaks due to a problem. Otherwise it just sits there waiting for us to figure out where it goes.

RollingHome

OK Jim, ya stumped us all... What are ya talking about ? Suction hose for winterizing ??? So comon bud, explain yourself and/or educate us what do ya know that we don't ?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My Landmark has a hose just hanging there that you stick in the Anti-Freeze container and turn on the pump. This will draw from the container putting anti-freeze in the water system. I have to turn some valves to do that though. I think the newer models have a 'winterizing' valve to do the same thing. I thought maybe the hose was the winterizing hose.

RollingHome

I understand Jim... I just "ASSUMED" all LM & BH had the antifreeze suction hose in the docking station... One more time I am taught how wrong it is to "assume", I'm a slow learner :).

Willym

I think that all of the 2011's have the winterizing anti-freeze pick up hose at the UDC. I agree with others and think that your unit has a washing machine drain pan and that the line on the door side is the drain for it. Let us know when you find out.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I understand Jim... I just "ASSUMED" all LM & BH had the antifreeze suction hose in the docking station... One more time I am taught how wrong it is to "assume", I'm a slow learner :).

You got to remember I am in the 'dark ages' as my Landmark is a 2007 "Classic" and much has changed since then. I even have to change the position of 2 valves to go from City Water to Freshwater Pump. There are 4 valves and depending on their position (open or closed) they operate different functions of the water system. For instance one allows the pump to 'power' drain the freshwater tank, another is suction, another is city water/pump water etc. I have a picture and chart to keep up with it. And I have to crawl in the basement to change several valve to winterize (water heater bypass etc.) I look at the new ones and even though they are less confusing to you they are more confusing to me as it is all in what you are used to. Happy Camping.