Project LM 365

jbeletti

Nice goodies Jerrod! I began working today my DC electrical system to clear the issues I've been having and make additional improvements. Have fun!

Sowie

What kind of improvements do you expect to get out of the lithium batteries? Less space and longer run times? What do you think it would be equivalent to in lead acid batteries? Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBR

What kind of improvements do you expect to get out of the lithium batteries? Less space and longer run times? What do you think it would be equivalent to in lead acid batteries? Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The lithium batteries will blow your mind and checkbook... can't wait to get some!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Same space, less weight, and a much longer run time, with a higher more consistent usable voltage, and a way longer battery life. Oh and bluetooth connection to each battery to give me the basic information I need.

eaa1fb26de50f5dea985de9112c2a35a.jpg
06ca0f06671312025d961979ca734309.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Install 2- Lifeblue 12V 150Ah Lithium ion batteries, and new Convertor. DONE.

Pulled out my 4- 3 year old 12v marine batteries that have been acting up when traveling at night. The Solar takes care of the fridge during the day.

The 2 - Lifeblue 12v 150Ah batteries fit in my box perfectly with room to spare.
No more vent tube. I put a foam rubber mat under them so they don't slide around.

I replaced the factory convertor with this new one Lifeblue sent me. It will do a better job keeping the batteries charged and healthy.

The bluetooth monitoring system is really simple to operate for those low tech guys like some of us.

Looking forward to seeing how they perform.

Now for lots of pictures

2e6e1872c25f63429191239f3e3228c1.jpg

aa0f4fbaf71af493c79a52efe23f34a3.jpg

70e30c684cd66af4df34b2d194888244.jpg

b17e636f736c6eb6eb65cdc0267cddbb.jpg

fc3afcd337e50523a0c70e676ff241f3.jpg

c6f581c26ef684769383182c701d1cb8.jpg

ee4b4c098bac82d7a29e7483403f7d58.jpg

8755337b326cb74cb7eda28d70d70276.jpg

Last edited:

kbausano

Same space, less weight, and a much longer run time, with a higher more consistent usable voltage, and a way longer battery life. Oh and bluetooth connection to each battery to give me the basic information I need.

OMG - I just checked prices - and forgot to breath for a few moments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Mortons on the move did it.

I didn't watch their video on this, but...

My friend Michael Kidd installed, I believe 4 Tesla car batteries in his Tiffin motorhome. He told me the other day that he can run all 3 ACs for several hours. He installed the soft-start capacitor in each of the ACs.

He has quite to monitor/control system that he built and wrote the code for. Pretty amazing work. Those who know Michael will not be surprised :)

dave10a

Interesting projects on this thread. May I also suggest installing a time delay release relay in the trailer brake circuit. I recommend this because some one pulled my break away cable and all brake actuator solenoids burn up (shorted winding) and the batteries were completely drained. The battery life was diminished to a point I had to replace them sooner than expected.

Bob.jr

Interesting projects on this thread. May I also suggest installing a time delay release relay in the trailer brake circuit. I recommend this because some one pulled my break away cable and all brake actuator solenoids burn up (shorted winding) and the batteries were completely drained. The battery life was diminished to a point I had to replace them sooner than expected.
That is a great idea. Can you recommend one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

I found one at DelCity. It's adjustable up to 300 seconds. It works just like your dome light works. I'll. Make this my next mod.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, I got the impression from the LiFeBlue site info that you can only connect to one battery at a time, is that correct?
Yes this is correct 1 at a time. I just check it from about 50' in front of the RV and it found them. You just open the app and pick the battery you want to view.
I guess theres two ways to look at that 1) it's good to monitor each battery indaviualy to watch its performance from 1 to the next. 2) Some would my say they'd rather see the entire system as a whole.
The App. Is really easy to use even for me... lol
Not a huge amount of information just the basics. For me this is going to work perfectly. I think for those real boondockers you might light more detailed information like Jim Tanners set up.
8c3e176357a10f9230c681cb8e1d1af0.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks.
I like the idea but with disc brakes you know at soon as you pull that pin because the hydraulic brake pump starts pumping and making noise..

Jerrod

Bones

I didn't watch their video on this, but...

My friend Michael Kidd installed, I believe 4 Tesla car batteries in his Tiffin motorhome. He told me the other day that he can run all 3 ACs for several hours. He installed the soft-start capacitor in each of the ACs.

He has quite to monitor/control system that he built and wrote the code for. Pretty amazing work. Those who know Michael will not be surprised :)

That is impressive.

dave10a

There are many interval relays available at different prices. Here is one such place http://www.airotronics.com/products-intervalon.php. It is important to get one that can handle the current and 20amp continuous is recommended. Another alternative is to wire in a small motor cycle battery to replace the house battery connection. A small motor cycle battery would deplete it's charge before doing damage to the brakes, but would supply enough power long enough to stop a run away trailer.

Keep in mind this modification is needed for those who store their trailers to prevent nefarious activity called vandalism :)