Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I received a PM from a fellow Heartlander on here asking some questions. He sent me this YouTube video. I found it very informational , Check it out. Differently made me feel like I made the right choice on my Lithium Ion Batteries. I could have done it cheaper, but it would be way more complicated.
Take the time to watch it.

The second Video shows what you would need to do to make your own system. I wouldn't want to deal with all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VU8Ks8RHSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeua0MorKMI

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I received a PM from a fellow Heartlander on here asking some questions. He sent me this YouTube video. I found it very informational , Check it out. Differently made me feel like I made the right choice on my Lithium Ion Batteries. I could have done it cheaper, but it would be way more complicated.
Take the time to watch it.

The second Video shows what you would need to do to make your own system. I wouldn't want to deal with all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VU8Ks8RHSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeua0MorKMI

So when are you going to upgrade to the 24v Tesla battery?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Lifeblue guy had me change the setting on my solar controller. Time will tell if it made a difference. We will hit the road again on Monday then I will see if it's charging at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just ordered a bunch of parts to add on a heavy duty charging system from the truck to the RV. Hopefully I can do the project next week and post it all. I'm going to have to figure out which Up-fitter switch to use. I might have to give up something.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I just ordered a bunch of parts to add on a heavy duty charging system from the truck to the RV. Hopefully I can do the project next week and post it all. I'm going to have to figure out which Up-fitter switch to use. I might have to give up something.

Is there one of the switches you can double up, like is there one that you leave on only while towing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes my rear camera. But if I want to shut down my charge system I will shut down my camera.

I have a few ideas just trying to figure out what one is the best.

My up-fitter switches go as follows.

#1) - #4) ignition power only.

#1) USB and lighter plug under the seat for the phone charger, TST, and Wilson phone booster.

#2) both Air compressor (1) for air bags (2) Viair 150psi system.

#3) Rear camera dash monitor

#4) RV backup and side docking lights with truck backup light kill relay.

#5 & #6 are hot with ignition on or off

#5) Tanno cover

#6) everything that's on #1
So I can run the phone charger and phone booster even when truck is off.

I will probably move the camera over to #1 & #6 with the rest of the accessories.

billk263

Yes my rear camera. But if I want to shut down my charge system I will shut down my camera.

I have a few ideas just trying to figure out what one is the best.

My up-fitter switches go as follows.

#1) - #4) ignition power only.

#1) USB and lighter plug under the seat for the phone charger, TST, and Wilson phone booster.

#2) both Air compressor (1) for air bags (2) Viair 150psi system.

#3) Rear camera dash monitor

#4) RV backup and side docking lights with truck backup light kill relay.

#5 & #6 are hot with ignition on or off

#5) Tanno cover

#6) everything that's on #1
So I can run the phone charger and phone booster even when truck is off.

I know the trucks have a presence sensor that knows when the trailer is hooked up. I wonder if it could be used to operate a relay to turn on the charge circuit.

billk263

Do you want it to be on all the time when you tow?
You could tie it into a an ignition circuit that would only energize the circuit when the truck is running. The upside would be that when the truck is not running, it would isolate the truck batteries.

billk263

Or utilize the factory TRM circuit to energize the new charge circuit via a relay

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did the bedroom slide cable adjustment today. Kind of a pain to get to. Didn't read any instructions so I hope I did it right. :/
I just ran it in and out and tightened up the loose ones.
My bottom 2 cables were really sagging when slide was all the way out. Everything seems to be good now.
I had to rig up about 3 feet of 1/4 & 3/8 extensions to reach the cables under the bed. I'm to fat and to claustrophobic to be climbing under there.

There is some instruction sheet under there but it was hard to read.
5ec8ab90f621764490a8592406674faa.jpg
045414f389e0db4e8bc3f4fc8e412c0f.jpg
dda3d1113e3d94f1381d51cc72a2c107.jpg
ca648d9af8ce07cc960f03a0c8187347.jpg
af34d7b571a53f7e95b65f8fada44268.jpg
8c4ffc24732cb501b605da4567827532.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Scratch another project off my list.

This is a narrow end table we picked up in Oregon when we had our carpet replaced.
I've been needing to reverse the hinges so the door will open all the way and drill holes in the back of it for the computer and phone charge cords. Then mount it to the floor so it won't rub the wall when traveling.
This houses my laptop.
I'm going to line the floor with a piece of carpet to protect the laptop and so it will slide in and out easier.

04ebb7839f74aaa421893118ab25a399.jpg

7136c588d84cb98978b66d13e293e874.jpg

4de42dcc5ac46232fba748125be4e234.jpg

1e7fe9ce3c047a96fff66a638a1bb991.jpg

177aa991edae75cf59babfed6ce11b2b.jpg

00a5f8821ba3206da335be114ce92abd.jpg

Last edited:

ksucats

Apparently you don't have a 'propane detector' there -- our Key West has the original propane detector at the back 'inside' corner of that wall. Needless to say it is too dang far from the propane appliances as we found out the first year we had the coach. Luckily no one smokes in this household. Had the dealer install a second detector in the hallway right by the furnace.

Regardless, always enjoy your posts and wish I had some of those skills to improve our coach.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Apparently you don't have a 'propane detector' there -- our Key West has the original propane detector at the back 'inside' corner of that wall. Needless to say it is too dang far from the propane appliances as we found out the first year we had the coach. Luckily no one smokes in this household. Had the dealer install a second detector in the hallway right by the furnace.

Regardless, always enjoy your posts and wish I had some of those skills to improve our coach.
We do have the detector there but it's back below the plug. Cabinet is still a few inches in front of it.

CDN

B and B
Did the bedroom slide cable adjustment today. Kind of a pain to get to. Didn't read any instructions so I hope I did it right. :/
I just ran it in and out and tightened up the loose ones.
My bottom 2 cables were really sagging when slide was all the way out. Everything seems to be good now.
I had to rig up about 3 feet of 1/4 & 3/8 extensions to reach the cables under the bed. I'm to fat and to claustrophobic to be climbing under there.

There is some instruction sheet under there but it was hard to read.
5ec8ab90f621764490a8592406674faa.jpg
045414f389e0db4e8bc3f4fc8e412c0f.jpg
dda3d1113e3d94f1381d51cc72a2c107.jpg
ca648d9af8ce07cc960f03a0c8187347.jpg
af34d7b571a53f7e95b65f8fada44268.jpg
8c4ffc24732cb501b605da4567827532.jpg

Thanks for this.

I need to do my bottom cable as well in the spring.

jbeletti

Congrats on getting the slide cables adjusted. Did you end up reading that manual afterwards? :)

Nice narrow end table too!