16" Rim Source

mesteve

Just curious is someone is aware of a place to pick up some cheap 16" wheels w/ 6 lugs.

I am running the stock 15s for now, but would really like to upgrade to some decent tires before the summer camping season starts. We tend to put 1000 miles on in a camping trip and did it twice with the factory china bombs. I think I have pushed my luck far enough.

lwmcguir

You can buy good quality 6/16 wheels for < $100 brand new. White spokes or outlaw style. If you want something cheaper the salvage yards have them and they check the wheels to be true. Almost any large trailer parts store carries the white or the alloy as well in the 16".

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just curious is someone is aware of a place to pick up some cheap 16" wheels w/ 6 lugs.

I am running the stock 15s for now, but would really like to upgrade to some decent tires before the summer camping season starts. We tend to put 1000 miles on in a camping trip and did it twice with the factory china bombs. I think I have pushed my luck far enough.

I don't think I've had any experience having "China Bombs" on any Rv's or vehicles. I am for buying American whenever possible, which I will do when The stock tires are done.
If, as many are saying, they are truly "bombs", why would the factory continue using them leaving themselves open to criticism?

mesteve

I don't think I've had any experience having "China Bombs" on any Rv's or vehicles. I am for buying American whenever possible, which I will do when The stock tires are done.
If, as many are saying, they are truly "bombs", why would the factory continue using them leaving themselves open to criticism?

I think the answer to that is two-fold. First, is economics of the relatively small number of people "in the know" about these tires vs the cost of putting good tires on. Second, is the limited choice of alternatives in the size of wheels/tires they put on these trailers. Whether that be a frame manufacturer limitation or a Heartland design limitation I don't know.