18 cf polarmax drain tube...fyi

NHCelt

Recently noticed a little water on the wood portion of our slide under the fridg. Checked inside and it was doing a defrost and the little catch cup in the fridg was overflowing. Checking further, the collection cup in the lower exterior access compartment was also full. Removing the drain tube from this allowed it to drain properly and stopped it from overflowing. I now let it stick out of my access door vent opening to drain. Seems like perhaps the drain cups are about level and equalize pressure...forcing the leak into the fridg. Might want to keep an eye on it.

Celt

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

chipdaniel

We had the same problem with our new 4010RD Big Country and used the same fix. Camping World Tech. told us that the outside collection cup was supposed to evaporate as it fills. It does not.

UPDATE: I also let the drain tube stick out the access door and this solvd the problem for me as well.

Last edited:

rhodies1

Recently noticed a little water on the wood portion of our slide under the fridg. Checked inside and it was doing a defrost and the little catch cup in the fridg was overflowing. Checking further, the collection cup in the lower exterior access compartment was also full. Removing the drain tube from this allowed it to drain properly and stopped it from overflowing. I now let it stick out of my access door vent opening to drain. Seems like perhaps the drain cups are about level and equalize pressure...forcing the leak into the fridg. Might want to keep an eye on it.

Celt

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Already did this change,out thru the vent like the old version which worked well for many years,my neighbour have a huge issue under his frig from the water collecting in the cup and overflowing,had to tear up flooring and insul to get rid of mold and smell.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator: