2007 Sundance 3200ES Bedroom Slide water damage

340cuda

We just spent 8 days in GSMNP Cades Cove campground. Rained every day, some times a frog strangler. During one storm shower sky light leaked, and mid week Refrigerator went down. Found yellow liquid in service compartment, which as many of you know is NOT a good thing. After returning looked for leak culprit...nothing. Our unit spends the majority of it's life under a metal roof out of the sun and weather. Performed roof cleaning and treatment this spring, but had not done lap seal which was done after this trip. What I did find in the bedroom slide was very disturbing. The bottom was rotted away, of the four carriage bolts that actuate the slide only one was in an aluminum rib. The other three were just in the luan. There was no reinforcement of any kind for the slide mechanism to attach to, with the exception of one bolt. Anyway, my point...Check your slides. Just because you try to maintain your unit, doesn't qualify you to not have problems. Repairs are almost complete. It may be slightly heavier....

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I agree ... I just finished repairing the broken roller on the front bedroom slide. The rollers that are bolted ... well, really they're cheaply screwed with cheap, short cabinet screws, broke off and the slide started to "slide" on the framed opening of the camper wall. The broken screws digging into the bottom of the slide gave it away. No other damage and my floor looks good though so I'm glad about that.