2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

jayc

Legendary Member
I have found a new product to clean the bugs and other stains off my trailer called Streak-X. It works the very best to remove those pesky love bugs.

All that being said, I contacted the company and they are sending us some free samples to try. Everyone that comes to the fall rally will receive an 8 oz. bottle.

I also spoke with the mobile wash service that comes to Rayford to wash and wax trailers. He said that he will be in the park that weekend for any clean services that he can provide.

Tom of Ypsi

Sounds good Jay. We are looking forward to getting back down that way and having another good time. If this wash n' wax guy gives group rates he should do a good business with the rally.

jayc

Legendary Member
Hi Tom
We can't wait for the rally. Right now, we're sweating out the storm. DW went to Louisiana with some friends, so she and the trailer are safe. The kids are gone to Ft. Worth and I am down here trying to maintain things here.

JimandSina

Hey Jay,
Keep your head down, Sina and I are riding it out also down here in Clear Lake, of course we have the Cyclone in the driveway already hooked to the TV, so if we get nervous we light the diesel and roll out
good luck,
Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jay, Happy to hear the family is safe UB2.
Jim & Sina, Take care and hope everything goes well for you.
Everyone in the area and beyond. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Good Luck and hope to see y'all in Oct.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jay, we were wondering about what yall were doing. I know you were debating on leaving the RV at RC last weekend. This is gonna be a rough one so keep you ... inside as much as you can. The stupid ones who don't leave when they say mandatory evac are not worth the risk to save when they call for help. We are staying home and praying these east Texas pine trees remain standing. Take care...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
To everyone in the Gulf Coast area

Best Wishes for weathering the storm. Don't take any chances. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. None

lrichards

Spring, TX

Hi all-

We would come, however we have registered already in an AKC Dog Agility Trial in Belton, TX that weekend. See you at the next one!

Lance & Sharon McMahon
San Antonio, TX

jayc

Legendary Member
Lance and Sharon,
Sorry you can't make it. For me, I'd rather look at a bunch of Bighorns than a bunch of dogs......

I'm a great dog lover, so please don't take this wrong.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jayc
We might be intrested in the mobile wash. Do you know how much they charge and do they use a pressure washer??

Look forward to seeing everyone at the rally..

JimandSina

Whoooooooo Hooooooooooooooo
Me and my buddy Detmer both rode out Ike we kept the Cyclones in the Driveway,
"Ike took a Hike" He couldn't handle a Cyclone..... everybody safe and sound in the southern part of Houston, hope y'all did good also....
Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Alright, all you bums are going to have to help me break in my brand new set of Mexian Train Dominoes. I had them at the last rally but had to play by my self..

We need to get some group activities and get a lively atmosphere going. Don't read in any nasty thoughts.. I will have to get out the Lye soap and wash your dirty minds. :eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is Rayford Crossing OK

Jay, have you heard anything from Rayford Crossing? I'm sure there are others as well as me wondering if they weathered the storm. We hope all is well.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
JAY,
Did you survive the storm.? We only got minor damage (lost one tree and a couple of shingles). Now we have no water, sewer or electric. We will probably be without the utilities for about 3 weeks (that is what we are told) We are camping in our driveway with our generator and FEMA food (Yuk). Really we had our first MRE today. They were not that bad, but I wouldn't want them everyday. I like the C rations better (now I am telling my age). We sat in a gas line in Huntsville for over 2 hours today to refill our gas cans for the generator. (dont have one on the RV). Anyway, God is good cause 'we survived the wrath of IKE'.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Has anyone heard how things are at Rayford Crossing? Is everyone OK?....know there were several people actually living there...how is everyone?????

rcobb

Rayford Crossing is OK.. Very minor damage.. We still have no power/water/sewer so we have gone to Canyon Lake. We are staying in touch with Billy and will let you know when power is back..

jayc

Legendary Member
Hello all,
First of all, thanks to everyone who sent an email to check on us. We made it through the storm safely, but we still don't have power in many areas of Houston and the surrounding areas. We got power at our house last Tuesday but it went out again yesterday and we don't know how long it will be out. Stella is still in Port Arthur in the trailer.

I have tried to get in touch with Rayford every day, but either their phone lines are still down or they don't have power back. I'll keep checking on them and will let everyone know as soon as I can. I'm sure that there will be lots and lots of insurance adjusters trying to get in but hopefully the rally will go on.

jayc

Legendary Member
Good News

I finally got through to the park today and learned that they still have no power, so nothing else works either. The good news is that the rally is
STILL A GO!!!

Melissa, the office manager, said that we still have our reserved sites, so we're on for October.