2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jayc...thanks! We are headed back that way next week for a car show at Texas Motor Speedway, and then we'll chill a couple weeks waiting for the rally...I really think we're gonna make it this time! Keep you fingers crossed....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Same here.. Glad to hear the Rally is still on. We are on our way to Austin for a wedding. (not mine... I have already been trained. :D LOL).. Looking forward to see everyone again.. Lets circle the wagons..

JimandSina

Thanks JayC,
Good news indeed, my wife and I are looking forward to the R&R, and the chance to talk about anything other than IKE ;)
Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks for the info Jay. Can hardly wait to see all of the old friends and make new friends. Rallies make it nice to put faces with names and the commardre is great. We will be starting our trek this Friday going through Northern Mi, Wi, Mn, ND. SD, Ne, Ks, Ok then Tx. See you soon and everyone travel safe.

jayc

Legendary Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I need some time off with my friends. I've been looking forward to this rally for a long time, but after the past couple of weeks, it's even more important. I'm tired of Ike and the damage and heartache he caused.

We've still got a few spaces left, so lets get them filled up!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jayc
In some other threads in the forum, some talked about weight of their rig.. Is there a chance that we could get someone to come in and weigh our rigs?? I have used the CAT scales but would like to get my rig weighed by the wheel. Have never had what I would call an accurate weigh.

jayc

Legendary Member
Bob,
I don't know of anyone that offers portable weighing in the Houston area, but I will check. I know that there are some truck stops in the area that have CAT scales if that helps.

kathyo

Just getting back on the internet. We had to leave Bayou Campground in Dickinson, Texas the Thursday before the storm came in on Saturday. We went to La Grange, Texas for a week. Then we found out that the Texas State Parks are letting evacuees’ stay free. So the next week we went to Lake Texana State Park and now we are at Stephen F. Austin State Park. We are getting to test out our Bighorn. And it is great. The RV Park (Bayou Campground) did not have electricity for a long time and had a lot of damage. A lot of trees down also. We also had to have some warranty work done at Camping World this last week. Wednesday we will be leaving to go to Dallas for 2 weeks and then come to Rayford Crossing Oct. 15th for the Rally. We are like you Jay needing to see and be with some good friends.
See you all soon,
Warren & Kathy Feray

rcobb

Well we at Rayford Crossing got power back on Sunday @ 2:00. We are on a boil water plan for a few days until they can get the water tested. Back to normal almost..

rcobb

The water tested fine so Rayford Crossing has lifted the boil water plan. Everything has been cleaned up and back to normal. I'm looking forward to the group coming in..

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks Ricky for the update. Look forward to seeing you and Dee. We will be there on the 12th to spend a week. So sorry we can't stay for the Chili cookoff!! Man, Rayford has a lot of stuff going on every month.

CJ

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well it looks like we're actually going to make it this time!! We are about sixty miles away near Lake Livingston at a Coast to Coast park waiting until the 16th to arrive at Rayford Crossing. It only took us three tries...I guess the third time really is a charm...see everybody soon!!!

jayc

Legendary Member
It's getting close to time for our rally. CJ, JD and Ken and Kathy we're looking forward to seeing our friends soon! I'm coming up on Monday but due to a shift change, I'll have to go back to work on Wednesday evening. I'll return on Wednesday night after work and will be there the rest of the weekend.

The bad news is the park is being overrun by insurance adjusters and construction workers that need a place to stay. We still have some open sites, but will have to cut off registration on the 10th so the park can have any open sites back to allow disaster workers in.

If you want to sign up or know someone who does, please let them know about the cut-off date so we can get everyone that wants to come signed up to have a great time with us.

jayc

Legendary Member
Well, it's the 10th of October and I must cut off the reservations. I will send the park the list as soon as this is posted. Any late signers can simply call the park and get signed up, just tell them you're with the Heartland club.

The really good news is that EVDO Alex has agreed to come down on Saturday and put on a seminar on Internet on the Go for us in the rally hall. He is also going to do personal visits in our trailers to make recomendations about what equipment to buy. I figured that a 1:00 time would be good. I plan to open this up to everyone in the park, so we can share the knowledge with others.

See everyone soon!

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
The really good news is that EVDO Alex has agreed to come down on Saturday and put on a seminar on Internet on the Go for us in the rally hall. He is also going to do personal visits in our trailers to make recomendations about what equipment to buy.

Definitely excited to meet all of you down in Houston!

I plan on working from two outlines:

-- Basic info about cellular mobile broadband, and an

-- Advanced session covering topics like high gain antennas and amps as well as using cellular routers to share connectivity with multiple computers and printers and such.

If any of you are interested in a "personal consultation" in your RV, please feel free to PM or email me with a preferred time, so I can try to keep a schedule. Feel free to also ask me any burning questions in advance!

-- EVDOalex

Mariposa

Houston Rally

Jay
Grace and I will be arriving the 14th. & stay until the 20th. Grace:):) is all done with doctors for a while.
This beeing retired thing makes things easy on planning, (sometimes)
Bob