2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

JimandSina

JMGratz,
Thats a good question, I was wondering the same thing, Sina and I will be in Thursday night and will be glad to contribute to the menu's, I think Jay spoke of something Friday night and again on Saturday, If there is an official menu we would love to add to it.
Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was just wondering because I might need to do something Saturday morning (not sure yet) and was trying to see what time things were happening. I know there was hot dogs mentioned for Friday and possibly potluck Saturday evening but that is all I heard and didnot know if it had been firmed up yet.

cjbearden

Visitor
Hi everyone,

We have four couples already arrived and in case Jay doesn't get online tonight (we have kept him pretty busy today), I will try to answer some of your agenda questions.

Friday night, Hot dogs and fixins provided by HL (I am providing a crockpot of hot dog chili sauce also). Held in the Rayford Room.

Saturday morning is a pancake breakfast put on by Rayford Crossing for a nominal fee.

About 1:00, EVDOAlex will give a presentation on internet-on-the-go and also try to make time for individual consultations.

Saturday night is potluck like we did in April, also in the Rayford Room.

Rest of the time we can walk around to see the various coaches and talk about the mods each person has done.

Early arrivals are making plans day-to-day. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon. The wine tasting started tonight! More to come, we hope.

Jay will add other information after he rests up from his strenuous day - jawwing can be pretty tiring when you are old and nearing retirement!:D

C.J.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Arriving Tomorrow

Lin & I will be arriving tomorrow afternoon. Site 58. They (Rayford) were able to juggle some sites and can get us in so we'll see ya'll tomorrow. Hopefully before dark. Hopefully the traffic around Dallas cooperates ;).

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Ray,

Just FYI, try to avoid the area and I-35, I-30 and I-465 around downtown, the Texas State Fair is going on for about the next week. Usually the traffic is backed up. An alternate route is I-35E South to Loop 12 South to Spur 408 South th I-20 East to I-45 South. These are all freeway roads.

If you send up a flare near 408 and I-20 I will be able to see you, I am about 3 miles from that intersection.

Sorry, Carol and I will miss the Rally, because I made another
commitment without checking my calander. We plan to be at the Spring Rally.
You all have fun at the Rally!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well we are here and the fun has started.. Will look forward to you all coming in tomorrow.. Come by and say hello.

Drive safe and may God have his hand on your shoulder.

JimandSina

C. J.
Thanks for the snapshot, you did a great job filling in, Sina will provide a cole slaw (Texas Style) for the Friday night thing and Saturday night we will bring some of my Cajun Jambalaya, look forward to meeting everyone.

Jim and Sina Gibson

jfrench

I can make it!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have some good news. Looks like I can me it! I will not be there till late Friday night since I play on the camping world softball team and have 2 games Friday evening. Don’t worry about the Saturday breakfast, I (well camping world) will be picking up the tab. During the breakfast I will also have a sign up sheet for some free minor repairs since I will have a technician out with me all day Saturday. Please keep in mind that the technician will only have limited tools and parts with him. I will also be bring a goodie bag for every rig that is there, along with some give a ways that we can give off in a raffle or how ever jay will like to do it. I plan on staying Friday and Saturday night since last time it was a very long drive home with a very full belly. It looks like I will be in space 97 with a new 2009 Landmark Pinehurst. Please come on by and take a look. Can’t wait to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Joe French

jimtoo

Hey Joe, good deal on getting to go to the rally. I cannot attend, but could you just mail my goodie bag and anything else you have that is free to me???? But what ever you do,,, don't give it to Bob (TXBobcat) cause I will never see it for sure.:D

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That is ok Jimtoo.. I can pick it up and give it to you next time I see.. ya.. I keep the bags and will hold one for you.. Not a problem....:eek:

More goodies... More goodies.. I will also put your name for the raffel and bring you something if you win....

Hee Hee.. ;)

jbeletti

3G Store to offer product at rally

Hey gang,

As you may have read previously on this thread, we have invited EVDO Alex from the 3G Store to do a presentation at this rally on Mobile Internet Solutions. In return, we are allowing Alex to sell product for those who may have an interest.

Since we do not allow commercial entities to advertise on the forum, I am putting this plug in for the 3G Store. I am very pleased to have them at the rally and if those who are there deem such a presentation and offering as helpful to Heartland product owners, then I will do more of these in the future.

Wish I could be there. Have fun!

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for update on the agenda. We are looking forward to getting there and will be there Friday. We will have a short drive as we are staying at Thousand Trails in Willis. See yall Friday.

jayc

Legendary Member
CJ, thanks for helping me out on posting the events so far. I couldn't get online last night, but perhaps Alex will give me a way around this problem.

You were right about keeping me busy. I was even late for my nap yesterday, and everyone knows how "old" retirees need their naps in the afternoon. I am still practising up for retirement but will be there soon.

I only wish that there were more that could come early. We're having a blast so far!

jayc

Legendary Member
Just another quick update. It's raining right now and has been all night, but the good news is that this is a cool front coming through. The weather looks great for the weekend with highs in the upper 70's and the lows in the lower 50's.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jayc...we're coming in today...any idea how early we can check in? We're only 40 miles away and chomping at the bit to get there.

Kathy and Ken

BobSue

I am really anxious to get there. Unfortunately, since we are still working it won't be until mid afternoon Friday. After this week, I need some down time:eek:

This will be our first rally with our new BH and I am really looking forward to putting faces with all the forum members.

Don't eat all the hot dogs before we get there;)

jayc

Legendary Member
An update to arrivals, Ken and Kathy have arrived, but then the rains started again. JD and I went over to greet them but the rain drove us back to our rigs.

Bob and Sue, I'm sure that we won't eat all the hot dogs Friday night, but I'll make sure that something is left over for ya. Looking forward to meeting you.

kathyo

Got here today and thanks to some great people that helped us unhitch we made it. Thanks Ken & Kathy, Tom, and Bob. I hope I got the names right. If I did not please forgive me. Or if I left someone out. We cannot wait to see everyone again and meet new ones in the Heartland Family. It is so great to be here. :)And to be in our new Bighorn and now be in the Heartland Family. Also thanks Terry H for the good direction we were in Flower Mound at lake grape vine at Twin Coves Park. The directions were very good and we had no problems at all. We did wave to you has be went by 408 and I-20. Sorry we want get to meet you. We sure have a bunch of great Heartland Family members.
Warren & Kathy

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thrusday night gathering

Well it is getting close to Halloween and here we find the the followers around the fiery pot.

DSC_2286M.jpg

Dee is encouraging the spirit of the pot to come forth as the followers watch.

DSC_2287M.jpg

The followers chant.

DSC_2288M.jpg

Still working to awake the spirit.

DSC_2289M.jpg

The spirit starts to present it's self.

DSC_2290M.jpg

Watching closely the followers strain to see the spirit..

DSC_2291M.jpg

The The spiriit starts to attack.

DSC_2292M.jpg

But Dee finally overcomes the forces of the spirit and then the pot sends forth the Halloween Demon.

The Devil Dog
DSC_2293M.jpg

If your not here you ain't havin fun...