2009 Southern California Fall Rally, Buellton, CA

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Doug and Judy,
We are fine with you coming a day earlier and well done by adding thursday as your check in date with Flying Flags. Still leaves you with a small refund. If you folks want to help out as well, let me know. We still need some man and woman power assistance.

Jenny,
Thank you for posting your thanks for the free fri nite buffet, Landmark show, and what you are bringing for both the potluck and sunday nite bbq dinner. You are terrific for creating all the name badges as well.

If anyone is interested in playing golf or touring wineries, please post your interests so we can start some group activities. JimBo told me he and Nancy (yes she is real) want to join in on a wine tasting tour. We are going too, so the faster I know the numbers and which day is best for all, the better. Thought there was some golfers coming to this rally. There is both a 9 hole course next door to FF, and a beautiful 18 hole course nearby.

Just a heads up to anyone who passed on the free friday nite catered Italian Buffet, that if you want to come, (it's free) let me know soon, as I will have to give Flying Flags a headcount pretty soon.

Just another heads up, if anyone wants to keep abreast of the rally posts just go to the main rally thread, first sign in, go to portal, clink on link to Buellton rally, which will take you to post #1, click the link to thread 2009 Socal rally Buellton, CA, and go to thread tools and subscribe to the thread and you can get an instant email notification. Please keep checking post #1, the main rally thread for regular edited updates.

Last edited:

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Hey Larry
Dale and I may be interested in the wine tasting tour...put us down as maybes! Depends which day and what time! I may change my mind on Saturdays potluck and do a chicken dish instead of pasta since we're doing Italian Friday night! Either way, it will be a hot main dish. Thank YOU and Debbi for all you have done already to get this rally off the ground. We think you are doing an amazing job....that plus having an owie back! Superman! Take care.

Bram

Larry,

Sherry and I are still planning on arriving Fri miday and staying till Mon. We're in on the Friday buffet and will bring a dessert or two to the Pot Luck. We would love to join up with whomever is going on the Wine Taste. Looking forward to meeting everyone and thanks for all the "grunt" work to put this whole thing together.

See ya in a couple of weeks, Bram

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Hey John D. let's play golf. Stacy and I will post something about our dish that we will bring as soon as I can round her up. Hey everybody that's going let's get something going out there so we don't all bring deserts ok?

beaverfan

Oregonian
Larry, thanks for the news about the dinner Friday night. We both will be there, just have to figure out what Bruce will be able to eat. I am planning on bringing a salad and a dessert (both gluten-free) to the potluck. For those attending the rally, Bruce was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which means he has to be on a gluten-free diet the rest of his life, so if there are others in the group with the same problem some gluten-free foods would be helpful. We will be willing to help during the rally if needed. We are really looking forward to the rally. Barbara

Side Dish and Golf

Hi Everyone

We will be bringing Raw Vegetable Salad for Sat. and cookies for Sun.

I am interested in the 9 hole golf course unless no one else is then I will do Alisal River Course.

wesreed

Hi everyone,
Looking forward to the rally.
We'll bring a main dish and a side dish for the pot luck, and something for Sunday night.
Also would like to go on the Wine taste trip.
There will four of us and we can help out where needed.

See ya soon.
Wes, and Dale Reed
Friends Annie and John Hassel

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Hey Larry, Stacy is going to make a sweetpotato soufle and probably something else. we will see you in a couple of weeks

Larry and Debbi,

Lucy and I will be attending the Friday night Italian dinner since we just love free meals. For your Saturday night pot luck Lucy has determined that scalloped potatoes would be a good choice and will be homemade right from the box. For the Sunday evening BBQ we’ll be bringing her famous Brownies (unadulterated of course). It’s a no on the wine tasting since we’re beer drinkers (later on folks are welcomed to join us for some of Lucy’s fantastic margaritas)... As for the golfing give me a 6-pack of beer and I’ll drive the golf cart for you or anyone else (cheap labor).

I’ll get back to you real soon as to what our Sob’s Art and Mary Hernandez would like to do.

Jim and Lucy Reed

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that today was the last day to cancel your reservations for a full refund at Flying Flags so I guess I will have to almost fully recover, and have a great time with all of our friends.

Thanks to all of you who have posted since my PM, it's appreciated. It is very helpful if we know who is bringing what and who wants to wine taste and/or play golf or enjoy group activities. Since we have Clubhouse 2 for the whole weekend, anyone who wants to bring games or fun things, we can all play in there. Whee!!!!!

As of now, we are still very short on main dishes for Saturday nite Potluck dinner with only 3 entrees so anyone who hasn't posted yet your it. LOL I am sure we will have plenty of food to go around but it would be nice to plan ahead. Please contact any of your friends who are attending to post their plans, meals and activities.

Also we haven't heard from John Dawson so BillySueJoeJimBob why don't you check him and Lori out to see if they are interested in golf, wine tasting and food for meals. Looks like the wine tasting is a hit so I plan to post on the main thread and on a quick reply this weekend some winery tour choices for all. It is very likely there will be some wine tasting both before and during the rally.

So far we have 4 or 5 for the wine tasting and 2 (gmc and Bram) for golf. We only need a couple more for a foursome for golf and you have a crazy driver Jim Reed who offered to chauffeur the golfers. Still haven't heard from several of the attendees of their plans so c'mon you'all. Let's keep it going. As Bob and Patty always say JimBo Belletti aka "The Grand Poo Pah" will be there with his wife Nancy to entertain all of us with his Heartland magic...........and yes she is real.

I don't know about the rest of you but we can't wait and are very excited to walk through the new 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon Pismo RV is bringing on Friday to show to all of us.

Thanks to all who are volunteering as well. If you see a wild man driving a golf cart around and you need a ride, well that will be me, so hop aboard, choo choo.

That's it for now, we are so excited about this rally, and hope all of you are toooooooooo! This rally is going to be awesome.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JimBob, we really did have great time in Jackson. What I would really would be afraid of. would be this bunch in one place to long. We would probably all get the "boot" or all be in jail. I like Lori's scooter....man you could TP someones coach and make a quick get-a-way. Then tell them John did it. It had to be him...its his scooter.

Larryheadhunter

Hi folks,
Just an update. Working hard to set up winery tours. The FF special winery tour cost was excessive at $100 per person, so I am working with a smaller wine tasting tour lady to get a better deal. Keep you all updated. Would like to know expectations on costs for 4 wineries and lunch? She also has half day tours as well. Probably set up one pre rally wine tour and one or 2 during the rally. Now have about 10 that want to tilt their glasses. Keep tuned in.

We have an Alberta, Canada couple in Utah that are trying to join us, so we shall see if they follow thru.

Last edited by a moderator:

jal555

Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply. We will bring a chicken dish as an entree. We are arriving November 10 and departing November 17. Please count John in for golf. Look forward to meeting everyone.
John & Debbie

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Hi Larry & Debbi,

The date for your rally is getting closer and we're really excited and looking forward to having some fun with everyone and meeting some new southern CA HL owners. Art & I will be there to help out with anything you need to make your rally run smoothly. We've become pretty good at doing rallies! LOL Lets get some southern CA people to help out too! :)

I haven't decided what to make for the potlucks yet, but I assure you, I'll know by the time we arrive there. It'll be home made and not from a box. LOL

We'll be attending a McKenzie RV rally the weekend prior to your rally. We love it when we can go from one rally to another.

Kaylee can't wait to see "Uncle JimB" and smother him with her Boston Terrier kisses. :D

See you there...

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone again,
We are getting closer to our rally in Buellton, and I just got a phone call from Heartlands favorite SOB, John Dawson, who will be heading up our golf excursions. He asked for all who wish to play golf to please contact him preferably by phone at 831-234-4326 or email at jdaw@sbcglobal.net to let him know you are interested in playing golf, either before or during the rally. If you email him please give him your phone number, as he wants to talk to each person directly to determine your interest level, and day in which to play so he can develop appropriate 4somes.
So far I have Butch Joyner, Dave Esposto, John Deliberte, and possibly Wes Reed. You can always call or email me at larryheadhunter@yahoo.com or my cell is 949-306-2360 if you have any questions about anything regarding the rally.

John will also be taking many photos of the rally action as well, so we are very excited to have him at our rallies. He is the President of another brand of 5th wheels and a great guy. Thanks John for all your participation. He is arriving at Flying Flags on Wednesday, Nov 11th. He does not monitor this forum so please contact him asap.
Peace out,

62cwil

Larry, the Wilson's will be bringing an appetizer and a dessert on saturday night and a taco salad on sunday night.