2011 Bighorn 3670RL Bedroom TV mount

DeanWag

I did not order the factory 19" lcd tv with trailer, and am now wanting to install it using
an articulating arm mount. Since I do not have X-ray vision and have no idea what is inside
the wall, any suggestions for mount location and type of fasteners?

Have an 19' DvD/LCD tv to install.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dean, I think the side walls of the TV cabinet in the 3670 are laminated OSB. It is pretty substantial material. I would consider mounting it to either side wall. Use bolts long enough to go all the way into the cabinets along side the TV and large fender washers for a little extra support. Here are a couple pics of ours. Not a 3670 but the idea is the same. 2nd picture shows it strapped to the rear corner for traveling.

Attachments

• 100_0479.JPG
    100_0479.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_0480.JPG
    100_0480.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We have 3670rl, 2010. I mounted mine through the bottom with long bolts & nuts. Had some kind of stand that holds the tv set.

K

karykatz

I did not order the factory 19" lcd tv with trailer, and am now wanting to install it using
an articulating arm mount. Since I do not have X-ray vision and have no idea what is inside
the wall, any suggestions for mount location and type of fasteners?

Have an 19' DvD/LCD tv to install.

I am checking on best place to mount. I will get back with you.

K

karykatz

When mounting the TV at the factory, we attach cleats to each side of the TV cabinet and than attach a black felt covered baker board to the cleats. The tv than can be attached to the backer board directly or use a swing mount arm.

2010augusta

here is a thread on the same topic, with pictures of the factory mount.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/13968-Bedroom-TV-mount

mrmagoo

Thanks all for all the advice.. have an plan in mind.. :}

I am a new BH 3670 owner (only had the rig one week... heading out for our maiden voyage tomorrow), and I am also trying to figure out how to mount a TV in the bedroom. You said you had a plan, I was wondering if you would care to share your ideas. I was discouraged to hear that there is "probably" nothing in the wall to mount to... that seemed like the obvious place to start. we even bought a nice flush/tilt mount...

Bobbins

Thanks all for all the advice.. have an plan in mind.. :}
Hello Dean,
We also have a 2011 BH 3670RL that came with the factory mounted bedroom TV. On our first trip back to Boise to get a couple things adjusted the TV fell off the mounts but luckily landed on a down comforter & select comfort bed. It's only fair to say we had a lot of rough road due to construction and that the screws were only in 1/4 inch on one side and less on the other. So it was the whole mounting bracket that came off. Two longer screws fixed the problem.
The mounting is 1"x1"x6" wood sticks attached to linen closet side and glass fronted cabinet. The angle is good but is rigid. The brand that came with ours is Jensen which I was told are specifically made to withstand bumping around. It did pass that first crash!
We sure had excellent service during the sale and after too. We purchased ours in Boise at Nelson's RV. Really like the people. We also love our Big Horn with saddle interior.
Rod Anderson
Pendleton,OR

K

karykatz

Thanks everyone for your input on the basment mounting Arm. I am getting with enginerring and production to insure we have secure mounts.