2011 Cyclone 3850 Furnace just stopped help?

Blummer42

Hello, we are camping and it is cold, first night furnace worked great. Last night it quit and is showing an E1 on the thermostat. Any ideas? Thanks

IronJ

Sometimes you can reset the stat by removing ALLLLL POWER for 10 min...

I would unplug, flip all breakers off AND disconnect 12v...

Then try...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

danemayer

If you have the Dometic Single Zone LCD thermostat, E1 is a loss of communications with the control module. But I think that only applies to the air conditioner. With the thermostat set to HEAT, and FAN on AUTO, it shouldn't come into play. I don't think there's any intelligent feedback or error codes from the furnace to the thermostat.

First, make sure the thermostat didn't get bumped out of HEAT mode.

Second, either cut battery and shore power to force a reset of the thermostat, or pull the fuse for the thermostat.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, I would check the plug or wire connections at the thermostat. On a 2011, there may be 3 wires held to the board by screws. Make sure they're tight.

alwaysbusy

From my understanding, the cold restart does include the battery. Just disconnecting from shore doesn't work. I've also heard of some disconnecting the module; however, I fail to see the reasoning here if all current is cut. I hope the restart works for you.

Blummer42

Thank you so much for info. We paid a repairman $200 to come out and he said we were just out of propane, we just bought unit in May and only camped in it 4 days. Dealer said both 30 pound tanks were full. We filled tanks and our camper neighbors came over and said they smelled propane, well we have leak somewhere and guess we will call repairman again Monday and say No we have a leak.