2011 Cyclone Model 3010 HD-converter location

dg1269

I have a 2011 Cyclone Model 3010 with an Onan generator. My battery exploded. Basically cracked the top of the battery. It was about 3 years old. I replaced it and now I cannot operate anything 12 volt. Everything seems to work while plugged in to 110v. I am suspecting there may be a main fuse somewhere or the converter may have been damaged? Problem is, I have no clue where the converter is located. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi dg1269,

If all of the interior lights, A/C, furnace, etc. work when plugged into shore power, but not on just the battery, the Power Converter is working. However, there is a manual-reset 12V DC mini-circuit breaker that connects the battery to the Power Converter and fuse box. Yours is probably tripped.

Look near the battery for a row of small circuit breakers, usually covered by a red rubber boot. One of them has a teeny-tiny reset button that needs to be pressed.

If you have auto-leveling, you can cycle the control panel to read voltage. Before pressing the reset, the voltage reading will probably be less than 12.5V. After pressing it, if it goes to 13.2-13.6V you'll be all set.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 40
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 33

dg1269

Thanks for the quick reply. I see the bank of connectors, but no reset button. I have attached what the inside of my compartment looks like.

Dwayne20171014_093130.jpg20171014_093042.jpg

Hi dg1269,

If all of the interior lights, A/C, furnace, etc. work when plugged into shore power, but not on just the battery, the Power Converter is working. However, there is a manual-reset 12V DC mini-circuit breaker that connects the battery to the Power Converter and fuse box. Yours is probably tripped.

Look near the battery for a row of small circuit breakers, usually covered by a red rubber boot. One of them has a teeny-tiny reset button that needs to be pressed.

If you have auto-leveling, you can cycle the control panel to read voltage. Before pressing the reset, the voltage reading will probably be less than 12.5V. After pressing it, if it goes to 13.2-13.6V you'll be all set.

danemayer

From the picture, I would say it's the breaker on the far right. The reset button is very hard to see. Sometimes it's easier to feel it.

If you have a volt meter, take a DC voltage reading with red lead on the top of that breaker and black lead on the negative terminal of the battery. Then move the red lead to the bottom of the breaker. If the voltage readings are different, the breaker is tripped.

dg1269

From the picture, I would say it's the breaker on the far right. The reset button is very hard to see. Sometimes it's easier to feel it.

If you have a volt meter, take a DC voltage reading with red lead on the top of that breaker and black lead on the negative terminal of the battery. Then move the red lead to the bottom of the breaker. If the voltage readings are different, the breaker is tripped.
I will give that a try! Brought my meter with us on this trip so I could troubleshoot this problem. Thank you again.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

LBR

I suggest you closely check the 2 breakers on the right side...it looks like they both have corrosion? The second from right may have exploded out the top of it?

dg1269

I will give that a try! Brought my meter with us on this trip so I could troubleshoot this problem. Thank you again.

Getting the same voltages top to bottom on all the terminals. Any else to ck?

danemayer

Getting the same voltages top to bottom on all the terminals. Any else to ck?

What's the voltage reading?

What exactly doesn't work when plugged into shore power?

What doesn't work when not plugged into shore power?

dg1269

What's the voltage reading?

What exactly doesn't work when plugged into shore power?

What doesn't work when not plugged into shore power?
Sorry for the delayed response. So the battery I had replaced had been not working for several trips. When I replaced it I got in a hurry and didn't notice there were two leads going to the positive terminal on the battery. It had gotten tucked back behind the battery. After connecting that wire, I am back in business. At least through this process I have learned more about my wiring! Thanks for the assistance.

porthole

Retired
For future reference. The converter is mounted behind the basement wall, door side.

Look on the wall for a 4” pie plate (removable hatch plate). Behind that is the plug for the converter.

Look near the top of the basment wall for a louvered vent. The converter is behind the wall under the vent.
There are 3 fuses on the converter to protect it for various mishaps, including reversing the battery cables.

dg1269

For future reference. The converter is mounted behind the basement wall, door side.

Look on the wall for a 4” pie plate (removable hatch plate). Behind that is the plug for the converter.

Look near the top of the basment wall for a louvered vent. The converter is behind the wall under the vent.
There are 3 fuses on the converter to protect it for various mishaps, including reversing the battery cables.
Thanks!