2011 Edge M21 - FYI wheel wells were still not being caulked at VIN 217XXX time frame

evolvingpowercat

I hope people don't think I am bashing Heartland, that is not my intent. :) I am an engineer and using this forum I bought the used Edge with my eyes open expecting to have to resolve a few issues that others have posted about, if the original owners had not already taken care of them under the 12 month warranty. These are all just minor easy to fix issues for folks like me that are handy. Just takes time and the right tools.

Also just sharing that things others have posted about were still problems during the 2011 manufacturing run at least up to VIN 217XXX time frame, in case other 2011 owners want to check them out on their RVs, too.

I pulled the wheel fenders and as has been posted about else where, the wheel wells were not caulked to the trailer sides. I had suspected this since I had water in the bottom of the wheel well below the sink. I caulked and put back the fenders, less than a 1 hour job.

I think the Edge is going to be a fun trailer, am really excited to be moving on from the fixing up stage to the camping stage ! :D