2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkamshop

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Documents Updated

Yeah, we Hoosiers like to be able to see when we are walking back to our campsites after the entertainment!! LOL

Jim Posz

Quick question for other rally attendees. I have an '09 Silverado 3/4 ton Diesel and am seriously considering buying a Transfer-Flow auxiliary tank for the bed of my truck. I would love to see one of these installed in a similar rig. Will there be someone at the rally with this sort of set up who would be willing to let me have a look at theirs? Thanks. Jim Posz site SO-257

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: Packets for Rally attendees?

Jim,

Another option is the RDS from Northern Hydraulics. I have the 60 Gal/tool box combo with gravity feed....fits under my Laredo roll up bed cover. We will be in NW436

Lance

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Quick question for other rally attendees. I have an '09 Silverado 3/4 ton Diesel and am seriously considering buying a Transfer-Flow auxiliary tank for the bed of my truck. I would love to see one of these installed in a similar rig. Will there be someone at the rally with this sort of set up who would be willing to let me have a look at theirs? Thanks. Jim Posz site SO-257

Jim, consider visiting Dually Depot in Elkhart, we have a tank from them. Very pleased. View attachment 24631

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, there will be a lot of trucks there that have an aux tank. I am in NW422 and know of about 5 or 6 in just that area.
I have the same as Lance.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Vtxkid

Jim, we have the 94 gallon Transfer Flow Tank in the bed which we are very happy with. We will be on site SO 212 if you want to check it out...

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

... All I know is the food is good. We are going to eat liver and onions tomorrow. I'll bet thats right up there at the top of your menu choices. :rolleyes:
So how was it? May need to join the part as Dorothy won't (refuses) to cook me any. I cook my own but then I also have to eat alone. :eek:

dix36

Eric.....went to the restaurant early that day. No one chose liver and onions. Had breakfast again. Steak skillet was enuff to provide a case of the "big belly!" We would be glad to have you join us when we go to try it out. Our friend says it is fork tender. Hope all's well. When will you arrive?

jnbhobe

Hey guys, maybe you can take Patti with you, she likes that stuff and I hate it.

shovelguy

So, here I am again with another question I know has been covered but I cannot find it. Can we get mail at the fairgrounds during the time we are there, using their address? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Kbvols

So, here I am again with another question I know has been covered but I cannot find it. Can we get mail at the fairgrounds during the time we are there, using their address? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Jim posted mail info on page 19 of this thread..I believe post 543

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

You might consider putting your mail on hold while your away from home. With the timing of the USPS it may be safer than something getting sent to the Fairgrounds after you've left. The USPS will hold mail for 30 days. Go to their website to do it. Plan B would be to have a neighbor hold it for you. If you.re waiting for something special, they can notify you.

davebennington

Ray,

You are correct the post office will hold you mail for 30 days. Now here is the puzzling part if you rent a post office box and forward your mail to it they will hold your mail for 6 months!!!! No wonder the post office system is bankrupt they do not think about things or care about people

dave

porthole

Retired

I added a bullet point to my check list I use on the phone. First item is "hold mail". I use the web feature for USPS.

https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/

BTW, this is the list I use. Works great. You can prioritize and group your items. As you check them off they drop to the bottom. Use it every time we leave or break camp. Even the mundane items are on the list, couch draws secure, garage door slider locked - dog food prepped (can't get it with everything closed up).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/list/id357430287?mt=8

DW_Gray

Thanks Duane, you reminded me I needed to stop mail and paper, now it's done.

Gotta figure out how to cram 20 bags of frozen dog food in the freezer!

Karen

Consider placing the dog food in an ice chest and cover it with dry ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.