2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jejinks

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Can someone tell me how they do the trailer weighing? I am considering (or want to have this done) but before I register for date and time, I would like to understand how they are doing it. Anyone had this done and have suggestions?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Can someone tell me how they do the trailer weighing? I am considering (or want to have this done) but before I register for date and time, I would like to understand how they are doing it. Anyone had this done and have suggestions?

The folks representing RVSEF have portable scales. They place them and have you drive on/off them, both with your rig on the hitch and after you've dropped it at your site. Then they'll give you a card with some preliminary info on it and you can download the full report from the RVSEF website a few days later. When we did it at the 2011 Goshen Rally, they did the first weighing in the parking lot as we arrived (depends on how many there are wanting it) and then we came back with the unloaded truck a bit later. There is a questionnaire that you should fill out before you get there with information on your vehicle. The info can be obtained from your vehicle stickers and owner's manual.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

There is a 10 min. video on YouTube showing a few Heartland rigs getting weighed at the last rally. Just watched it yesterday.

jnclevel

The only problem I saw with the registration process was that to change from your site in 2011, hoping to upgrade, there was no way to know if you would get a worse site. Because I am traveling with other Georgia chapter members, I would like to be located in the same area. Not sure how to let anyone know this, though.

I guess my previous reply was misunderstood. How do we upgrade to get into the NW area where others of our friends are located? The registration procerss only allowed to enter "Other" as the only option but I was not willing to get a worse site. It seems there are vacant sites in the NW area.

jdfishing

Are there any accommodations for mail delivery at the camping venue? If not, any suggestions on the best way to receive mail while in the Goshen area? General Delivery?

jbeletti

Are there any accommodations for mail delivery at the camping venue? If not, any suggestions on the best way to receive mail while in the Goshen area? General Delivery?

Great question! You always have the General Delivery option with the U.S. Post Office. Let me check with the Fairgrounds on having your mail sent there to be held. Cannot imagine it being a problem.

jayc

Legendary Member

In past years, we've gotten mail deliveries at the fairgrounds.

jbeletti

Just heard back from Bev in the office there and she says YES. Address your mail as follows:

Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds
your name
Heartland Rally
17746-D CR 34
Goshen, IN 46528

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Just heard back from Bev in the office there and she says YES. Address your mail as follows:

Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds
your name
Heartland Rally
17746-D CR 34
Goshen, IN 46528

Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks, Jim!

jdfishing

Thanks Jim for checking on mail delivery. That helps a lot.

jimpav

Jim,
You've got a real collectors item with your Eagle Ridge. Have you considered building a barn to park it in to preserve it, and buying a new Landmark? Just think of how much you could get for a rare & gently used rig like that in 10-20 years!!! Just thinking out loud! :eek::angel:

Good idea Roy.........but I think I'll just trade it for a Landmark when the Eagle trade in price appreciates to more than the purchase price. Wonder how long that will take??????

jbeletti

2013 Goshen Rally - Entertainment Guide posted

Hi all,

The first draft of the Rally Entertainment Guide has been posted in the Rally Documentation thread here.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Entertainment Guide posted

Well you all are now in trouble. The DW just gave me the word that she wanted to go to the Rally in Goshen. So I just finished registering. We plan to arrive on Monday the 17th.

Look forward to seeing you all again..

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Well you all are now in trouble. The DW just gave me the word that she wanted to go to the Rally in Goshen. So I just finished registering. We plan to arrive on Monday the 17th.

Look forward to seeing you all again..

BC
Yee Haaa. Burritos at Bobcat's :angel:

olcoon

Sally & I also, maybe I'll have to grind up some of that wild turkey (not the drinking kind) I've got in the freezer!

truknutt

Committed Member

Yea, the Currys are coming, the Currys are coming!! Nona & I can't wait to see you again.

Edd and Janet

Re: 2013 North American Rally

Jim, FYI Per Elkhart Cnty 4H Fairground website:
some GPSs will not recognize the 17746-D East Monroe Street, Goshen, IN
instead use: 1819 East Monroe St., Goshen, IN

mcmartin

retired u s army
Re: 2013 North American Rally

After you register for the rally how do you know what site you were assigned. I attended the 2009 in goshen but had other commitments in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.