2013 Key Largo bedroom TV wall mount bracket needed.

Brader

My 2013 Key Largo didn't come with a bedroom TV mount. I didn't see that as a problem when I purchased it. Now I hate moving the TV for travel. Does anyone know of a after market mount? Also mount instructions for the Key Largo would of great help.

jbeletti

I'd suggest you use whatever mount matches your TV. I doubt you'd need an articulating arm style mount. So just a simple flat mount or one that tilts downward slightly.

I believe the backer Heartland puts in is a piece of sheet metal across the back. So some pan head sheet metal screws with aggressive threads might be best. Not too long though :)

Birchwood

Just replaced our 19 in with a 29 in in the bedroom.Purchased an articulating wall mount at Wal Mart as the factory mount I felt would not allow proper ventilation for the TV. Haven't traveled with it yet but the mount is very rugged.A pillow rest may also be required.

Greengas

I'd suggest you use whatever mount matches your TV. I doubt you'd need an articulating arm style mount. So just a simple flat mount or one that tilts downward slightly.

I believe the backer Heartland puts in is a piece of sheet metal across the back. So some pan head sheet metal screws with aggressive threads might be best. Not too long though :)

I am in the same boat and ready to mount my bedroom tv. Just want to make sure that even though the bedroom tv was not included in my 2014 Landmark, the backer plate is still there? I know, I can contact Heartland and have my VIN number ready, but that won't be until Tuesday and I wanna buy my new toy now :)

Theresau

We found a great mount at Costo. Used this in the bedroom and in the basement area.
Joe was able to find area to mount with no issue.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two swivel-mount brackets at Camping World for our Trail Runner.

These were the ONLY ONES that I could find on the market that can be locked to the wall so the TV's don't swing while on the road.

Here is a link: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/locking-cantilever-mount/51564

I did have to buy some different screws for the wall as the screws that came with the mount were more for mounting in drywall . . . not a bouncing RV!

With the Good Sam's Club Card . . . these were less expensive than the mounts at Walmart, Costco or Best Buy.

Also . . . be careful when mounting to the wall.

The stickers on the wall from the Heartland factory may not be exactly where the mount is really supposed to be located.

The one in our bedroom was off by almost two feet!

Last edited:

Greengas

We found a great mount at Costo. Used this in the bedroom and in the basement area.
Joe was able to find area to mount with no issue.

How was Joe able to find the mount? Did he use a stud/metal detector or maybe a magnet?