2013 Sundance, cleaning exterior

gmb8585

Our 2013 Sundance which we just purchased has tons of black spots on the exterior fibreglass walls that look like mold?. Any and all suggestions on how to properly clean the rv exterior and seal or wax? It is appreciated, thx, greg

gmb8585

Thx, these are not really streaks, look like small black spots, like mold or mildew. It's over the entire exterior. Thx for replying, Dahillbilly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Last week I was washing and waxing my rig when I noticed that the white plastic corners on the slides had black spots that didn't wash or wax off.
I used some spray cleaner that I got at Wal-Mart. It's called All Purpose Cleaner With Bleach. Took a couple of applications on the worst areas but it did remove the black stuff. Rinsed well with water.
That's one option for you.
Spot clean in a non visible area to check compatibility.

Peace
Dave

gmb8585

Thx for replies. Tonighti decided to give the magic eraser a try. Works like a charm., just wet with water. Earlier I tried Lysol kitchen and bath spray cleaner....it did absolutely nothing.

rhodies1

Be careful using a Magic Eraser . It will take the clear gist finish off of your unit. When you look sideways at your unit. You will see all the spots you cleaned.

KBurnham

Last week I was washing and waxing my rig when I noticed that the white plastic corners on the slides had black spots that didn't wash or wax off.
I used some spray cleaner that I got at Wal-Mart. It's called All Purpose Cleaner With Bleach. Took a couple of applications on the worst areas but it did remove the black stuff. Rinsed well with water.
That's one option for you.
Spot clean in a non visible area to check compatibility.

Peace
Dave
Hi . . .

I have a 2018 Heartland North Trail travel trailer that I have lived in for the past 2 1/2 years and now need to sell. There is some serious grime on parts of the exterior, especially the Northwest end where the sun did not reach as often and where the redwood duff and mold seem to have left their marks. I have been told not to attempt scraping the grime off, but simple sponging does not do the trick. Do you think the All Purpose Cleaner you used might ameliorate the years of neglect?

Thank you,

Kathleen

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi . . .
Do you think the All Purpose Cleaner you used might ameliorate the years of neglect?

Thank you,

Kathleen
It's worth a shot but like I said in my post spot clean in a non visible area to check for compatibility. The bleach could present a problem, so do a test somewhere.

Peace
Dave

KBurnham

Thank you for your reply. My son was able to get most of if off with good 'ol elbow grease, but as a final application we may try the product you recommended. The areas on the trailer most affected are white so I don't think the bleach will be a problem, unless it eats through the "coating."

Kathleen