2015 Key West - PDI Questions

rdgt67

Thanks to tx cowboy we take delivery of our new key west on tuesday. His guided tour of his sold me so a tip of the 10 gallon hat.

What issues have most people found on the pdi? I am trying to be sure I cover all my bases. Any towing issues,from anyone?

We are really excited again thanks to Jeff and Laurie!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TxCowboy

Re: 2015 key west

Congrats, Pat and Deb! Y'all are going to love it!

Did you get all of the add-ons that you were hoping for? I do want to see how your slide toppers work as Laurie and I were discussing those yesterday.

See you in the Spring if not sooner. And congrats again! :)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Congratulations Pat and Deb!! I agree with TxCowboy in that you are going to love your new Key West!!! The PDI should be a complete and thorough PDI. I insured with my dealer prior to the PDI that I wanted the coach hooked up to 50 amp power, water and sewer. My PDI took 5 hours and I went over and operated ever single item in the coach and checked all the water connections behind the basement wall to insure that they were tight and no leaks. I found a multitude of small things to have them repair and made sure that ALL of those items were taken care of before I signed the paperwork and took possession of the rig. If you have the luxury of having a dealership like mine that has full hookup sites, or at least a park nearby, I would stay there and have the service managers phone number and if you come across other items that need adjusting, repair or replaced that they get done then.

Here is a copy of the PDI form I used.

Rod

Attachments

• RV Inspection Checklist.pdf
    129.3 KB · Views: 31

rdgt67

Tx cowboy
I didn't get toppers. Got washer and dryer. I probably paid too much for coach but I got what I wanted. Got the checklist. Thanks and my bighorn had toppers and I loved them will eventually get them

TxCowboy

Pat, getting exactly what you want is worth a few extra $$. You and Deb are going to love your KW. :)

rdgt67

Jim, thanks for the,words. Txcowboy we made it to boerne and went to "see the KW" and it was in make ready but went inside. Beautiful. Can't wait for tomorrow.

TxCowboy

Jim, thanks for the,words. Txcowboy we made it to boerne and went to "see the KW" and it was in make ready but went inside. Beautiful. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Pat, keep us posted. Hope the PDI goes smoothly! :)

rdgt67

Jeff maybe I dreamed it but I thought you had blue led lights in the living area.....

TxCowboy

We have the "night lights" along the floor around the island, up the stairs, and in the bathroom. They do have a blue tint. The rest are white light.

rdgt67

Found some minor things but all were fixed. Came across the road and can't get satellite or cable to work. We were watching it during the pdi. Found one thing after we got set up and that is the soap fill for the washer won't open fully. Hits on the door. The auto level is first class. Set up without,breaking a sweat. The tvs are kicking my butt and will fight that in the morning.

TxCowboy

Pat, good to know most things are minor.

EDIT: Pat, check the Over The Air booster power switch in the bedroom closet. It's a little button on the coax connector. That light should be OFF when you're on cable TV.

Last edited:

rdgt67

The antenna. Good picture. I am considering getting the roof mount satellite so I don't have to fight the set to each time

TxCowboy

Pat, that's a good idea. Laurie and I have been toying with that idea.

Get some rest -- tomorrow's another fun day! And congrats on your new toy! :)

rdgt67

Lessons learned overnight:
They ran the washer through cycle during pdi however got it across the street a d it is really shaking. Second the sewer hose storage is unusable gecause a highly qualified assembly tech put a screw from the battery box compartment into the container. Yep through the middle of it. Third, the sliding door in the toilet fits perfect at the bottom but the top on the side the gap is so big you have a good view of the bedroom. Lastly the place we bought it is across the freeway and when service was called this morning they had to call corporate to send a person over to fix it. This was after my mild mannered spouse went ballistic on the service manager and threatened to get her bighorn back. Whooa. Have cable now but satellite is inop.

rdgt67

Been trying to get outside tv to program and had no luck. Decided to take it off and look be hide it. Thank you for the instructions on how to do it. Discovered the cable wasn't even in the cabinet and after a few words it's working now.