2015 newport tv in livingroom

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ok fellow rv'ers, here one for ya. Have a 2015 Landmark Newport with the 47" LG tv in living room. It has the shelving behind tv, so tv swings open. Now the problem...... This LG took a dump on me and flashes blank picture so I think,,,,,,,,just get a new TV. But NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! First, LG discontinued this model, all they offer is either 43"(which I don't want) or a 48" but the width is 43.6" and the **** shelving area is 43". Boy does this suck. Any ideas????????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service as they might be able to find the right size for you with our supplier.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ya it's sad that I would have to go smaller, but ok, how people watch 60" in such a small space is beyond me.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Same problem now with me. TV has a huge line running right down the middle. Time for a new one. I also have a 2015 Newport with the "hidden" compartment behind the TV. I called Heartland Customer Service and ask them what are they putting in the 2017 Newports? Seems they have gone up to a 50" TV which has got to mean there is a bigger opening in the newer rigs.

Not sure what I'm going to do. I need a new TV, but nothing I have found will fit in that small area unless I want to drop from a 47" down to a 43" TV. I don't want smaller.

Frustrationg to say the least.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
I received a new 48 inch Sony from insurance I have with Directv. I was able to fit tv but have trouble opening. I have to sand down the right side of tv about 1/4 inch to be able to swing open. Pretty GD bad.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I received a new 48 inch Sony from insurance I have with Directv. I was able to fit tv but have trouble opening. I have to sand down the right side of tv about 1/4 inch to be able to swing open. Pretty GD bad.

I don't want to sand down the TV, but any thing would be better than what I have now with the broken TV. What model Sony did you get?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Can you move the hinge mecanizim outward any so it doesn't hit when you swing it ??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jnspenc

BigSpenc
No, it's already on the edge I meant to say in my last post I have to sand down the wood on the right side of tv, not the tv itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's a better option when I did my cubby hole in the bedroom​ this is the 2 step stain I used and it matched pretty good
8a63b1bb1fa1f22c5227fa9bff48bdb1.jpg
8ee2247f15ed5fb5a4e2f8fa198d2ace.jpg

jnspenc

BigSpenc
That's a better option when I did my cubby hole in the bedroom​ this is the 2 step stain I used and it matched pretty good
8a63b1bb1fa1f22c5227fa9bff48bdb1.jpg
8ee2247f15ed5fb5a4e2f8fa198d2ace.jpg

Wow that's great, thanks for the input. Wife says if I mess it up,,,, boy am I in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is in our 2015 Landmark Ashland we have what I believe is the darker wood of the 2 choices.
Someone else might know what it's called.