2016 Landmark Orlando LG sound plate

oldelmer1

The LG sound plate, model LAB550H, with the DVD player built in seems to wack out every once in a while. The display says OPTICAL and it works fine watching TV.

Then all of a sudden the display changes to OPEN then CLOSE and the TV sound goes away. I press OPTICAL/TV SOUND button and it switches back to OPTICAL. Sometimes I have to push the button a number of times to get back to OPTICAL.

Those of you that have this model, does your display say OPTICAL all the time? or something else?

Thanks....

Tom

mlpeloquin

When did you purchase your fifth wheel? It may still just be under warranty. If you purchased an extended warranty, they may cover it as well. It sounds like an internal intermittent failure.

oldelmer1

I purchased it on Jan 26 of last year.

I watched a movie using it last night and it was fine.

So it happens only on tv.

I'll try calling LG tomorrow, and then Heartland to see what they say.

Thanks for your reply.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I purchased it on Jan 26 of last year.

I watched a movie using it last night and it was fine.

So it happens only on tv.

I'll try calling LG tomorrow, and then Heartland to see what they say.

Thanks for your reply.

If you check in your blue bag with all the warranty is kept you should find info on your product in question. Most of those items might be under warranty longer than 1 year.

oldelmer1

I called LG today, and after explaining what was going on, she asked when I bought the unit. I dont think she understood that it was in a camper.She needed a copy of the receipt for the soundplate. She said well, the manufacture should have a receipt for everything they buy.....

So I called Heartland, and they are going to check to see what my options are, send me a new one since they dont use the LG LAB550H units anymore, or let me buy one and give me an allowance.

More to come.....

oldelmer1

Called Heartland back today, they are sending me a new sound bar and a separate Blue ray player.

WAY TO GO HEARTLAND!!!

oldelmer1

Received the sound bar today.

Why isn't anything easy on these units.

The new SONY sound bar is 28.5 inches wide, and the old LG soundplate is 27.75 inches wide.

And the hole is 28 inches wide.

Still waiting for the blue ray player.

Last edited: