2017 BH 3270rs

GoonF250

We have decided to upgrade and it looks like the 3270 is the one. Does anyone know of any changes from the 2016 to 2017? Regarding options i was considering the brake upgrade, i see no options for an upgrade to disc brakes, are the larger brakes necessary? Another considerations was the outside entertainment option with the extra awning, thoughts? Any other feedback on "should have" options are always welcome. Those who already own the 3270 your input on the unit would also be valuable. Thanks in advance.

pday1213

Have a 2015 Bighorn 3270RS. Did a factory order to get the options we wanted. I would say if you are going to do any camping with temps under 50, I would get the Heat Pump option on at least the Main A/C system, and the double pane windows. I would also add the MorRyde hitch, Level Up, Power cord reel, Fireplace options. While we dont watch TV outside so had no need for the outside entertainment system, I wish we would have ordered the optional power awning over the dinette slide out. The slide walls get warm if you have full side of sun, and the main awning does not shelter you from the sun to help the heat load. We love our unit, and it is easy to get into campsites with ease and plenty of room for our needs. You will be itching for your call that your unit came offline and being delivered.

NHCelt

We just picked ours up about a month ago. For us, it is the perfect length in the perfect floorplan. Any longer and we would have trouble getting into the places we like to go. We opted for a heat pump in the living room AC, a combo washer/dryer to save weight (I think the rig is a tad pin heavy compared to the rest of Heartlands offerings, fireplace, level up, mor-ryde, power cord reel and ended up also getting the convection microwave and safe thrown infor some reason....and really like having both. For us, double pane windows are not necessary. Second awning would help with keeping things cool. We added the bedroom TV ourselves as it comes fully prepped for that and we saved lots doing that. The BIG Norcold is nice! If I had it to do again, I would try to get the induction cooktop and convection microwave and gain some drawer space. We have finished one month of a three month trip in ours, and have had lots of little issues...as we expected we would. The most frustrating being a front AC that freezes and leaks into the bedroom. Hope to have that resolved when we get back to civilization. Despite the break-in issues, it's a great rig. You will be very happy.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

NHCelt

Regarding the axle/brake upgrades, I would save your money. Standard brakes work great for me...but others will surely disagree. We are not outside TV people and did not consider that option
All the best..
Celt

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Gary521

Only a couple changes on the 2017. The bathroom door swing is reversed to where it makes more sense. The woodwork appear to be bit darker. I think there is a minor graphics change on the outside.

GoonF250

Only a couple changes on the 2017. The bathroom door swing is reversed to where it makes more sense. The woodwork appear to be bit darker. I think there is a minor graphics change on the outside.

The door change was one of the things i would change on my own, glad they figured that one out....lol! Working two different deals right now , one for a 2016 , which has almost all the options we want, and ordering a 2017 to get exactly what we want. Thanks for the input everyone.

RVFun4Us

We bought our 3270 in February off the lot. One thing you might look for is a better price on the 2016s versus the 2017 since the dealer is probably trying to clear out his stock. Our unit had both the Bighorn option package and the other one (name escapes me). So the second inside TV came with it along with the level-up system, power awning, convection microwave, 18 cf refer which we chose over the residential model. Also love the theater seating and the full couch at the rear. Either way you go, you will like the 3270. We are on our first extended journey with it and are still figuring some things out. Good luck.

Gary521

Couple other things. The closet has shelves rather than drawers. The MDC shades are only night shades on the current model . You can order the day/night version if you order your rig.

We ordered our BH 3270RS in October '15 and took delivery last December. When we received it we were told it was a 2016.5 model - they had changed the door swing direction for the bathroom and added the rear view camera option (neither of which was on the 2016 model we had toured at the RVIA show).

We ended up ordering quite a few options on our unit, but wished we had gone with the heat pumps instead of the standard A/C units. While plugged into shore power at the park, we enjoy the 'free heat' from the fireplace which heats the living room area quite well. But when it gets really cold, to heat the bedroom we either have to plug in a small electric space heater or turn on the propane furnace (not 'free heat'). Not a big deal, but not ordering the heat pump option was an oversight on my part.

BusManRG

Hmmm. We are close to ordering ourselves (if we don't pick up a nice 2012 unit that caught our eye). I wonder if this means that we would also be getting a 2017??? We've got our eye on a BH3160. The door swing was silly. The drawing showed it one way, but all of the units came reversed. Glad to see they've changed it. I called it a "suicide door". Even better would be a pocket door.

Wmnmy

If you want outside entertainment and slide extra awning order it from heartland camping world wanted 3600$ for awning said it was custom build and heartland quoted me630$ for awning I didn't get got 12x12 construction grade ezup from Amazon and it works great ... Get what u want from factory..