2017 Coleman Mack AC Freezing up

BY-851

I have a brand new Heartland Mallard m312. It has a Coleman Mack AC unit. I've only camped 5 nights in it and the last 2 the AC freezes up and I have to turn off for a few hours then I can turn it back on. What's wrong shouldn't it work longer than that? 80 to 85 degree day high humidity trying to get camper to 75.

jimtoo

Hi By-851,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family.

If you remove the air intake and filter, look and see if you have a small object (quarter size) hanging down with 2 wires on one side and clips to attache it to the cooling fins. This is temp sensor to keep fins from icing up and causing no more cooling.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi BY-851,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Try setting the fan on HIGH at the thermostat.

If you do so, remember to set it back to AUTO before using the furnace. If you leave it on HIGH, when youj start the furnace, the A/C blower will also run.

AttyVette

Hope you have gotten your ac repaired by now. Our Coleman Mack 13,500 btu ac went out on our 2012 Trail Runner June 2, but, luckily, we had bought an extended warranty on our camper so it only cost us $54 for onsite a/c repairs ( in our case we had to get a brand new ac unit).

We were in Destin,Fl. when the ac unit quit and the Park rangers at campground we were staying at, gave us a list of rv repair companies, some who will come out to your campsite and make onsite repairs. We used one company and they only charge a $65 onsite service call, in addition to any repairs they make onsite. Best money we have ever spent - we also got them to replace the rubber on our slide out ( not covered by warranty but this was needed) that needed replacing too. Thought I would mention the possibility of others using verified outside vendors for onsite campground repairs, as we got our work done quickly on our camper, while on vacation and our camper didn't have to be towed anywhere and left for days or weeks for the repairs.

Gary521

Hi BY-851,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Try setting the fan on HIGH at the thermostat.

If you do so, remember to set it back to AUTO before using the furnace. If you leave it on HIGH, when youj start the furnace, the A/C blower will also run.

On the other hand, If you have the fan set to LOW, it will freeze up.