2017 Cyclone 3800 sound system

rocrider50

Tackling the sound system. Several issues/observations and wondering if anyone else tackled these on a Cyclone 3800 or any similar model.
1) The main room sound system has a surround sound system that works with the blue-ray system but not with the TV. Has anyone rewired this to work with the TV as well? Also the Surround speakers are laughable, really. I took the screen off and there was a little speaker (reminds me of a small computer speaker with it's own stand) that was 2 inches square, just sitting there unmounted.
2) the garage radio/DVD plays sound on the outside speakers and two speakers in the garage. No sound is in the main living area. The surround sound speakers don't play the radio? Anyone solve this one? Looks like I need to route new speakers into the main living area?
3) The garage radio didn't work, the fuse on the radio was blown. Replaced the fuse and it works, does anyone know why it would have blown?

OEFVET

Re: Tackling the sound system 2017 Cyclone 3800

I had the same issues as you are having. I decided the best and easiest course of action was adding Bose bluetooth speakers. I have been happy with the results.

danemayer

Hi rocrider50,

The sound system is probably connected to play DVDs on the TV, but not be connected to the TV to play TV sound through the sound system. If you can either check your manuals for the TV and sound system, or look at the connectors on the equipment, you can get the necessary cable to make the connection. Once you know which connectors you have, our owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide will help you figure out what you need to buy to make the connection.

rocrider50

Hi rocrider50,

The sound system is probably connected to play DVDs on the TV, but not be connected to the TV to play TV sound through the sound system. If you can either check your manuals for the TV and sound system, or look at the connectors on the equipment, you can get the necessary cable to make the connection. Once you know which connectors you have, our owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide will help you figure out what you need to buy to make the connection.

Thanks, I'll check the guide.

kbausano

Dan - thanks for reminding me of the existence of these owner-written guides. Very helpful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rocrider50

Re: Tackling the sound system 2017 Cyclone 3800

I had the same issues as you are having. I decided the best and easiest course of action was adding Bose bluetooth speakers. I have been happy with the results.

Did the TV, Radio and Blueray all Bluetooth to the speakers? Interesting.

OEFVET

From the factory, the radio and dvd player are the only components to the outside speakers. So to answer your question best, you could setup the bluetooth any configuration you want. It's totally up to you. I think you will be happy with it. Good Luck.