TV not playing through JBL sound system

FL-JOE

My new 4006 has the Summit TV in the living room and underneath it the JBL sound system. I just installed the Dish Playmaker (wally) on the RV outdoor package and all that works great.

The TV has surround sound but it would seem to me that the JBL should be able to have the sound from the TV so it comes out through the ceiling speakers. I have tried all the imputs but none of them selected will play TV sound through the JBL. What am I missing? Does anyone know how Heartland would have wired these two together? Did they wire them together?

danemayer

It's possible the audio out of the TV is not connected to the audio in of the surround sound. You'll need to take a look at the connections on whichever device is easier to get behind. Audio input and output connections vary quite a bit and the equipment changes all the time. So there's not always a direct match between devices. Our RV Audio Connections Illustrated guide may be helpful after you identify what input and output connections you have.

I have a different model, but I suspect that you will find that there isn't anything going from the TV output to the sound system input. In my Sundance, the only connection from the sound system & DVD to the television is a composite video with stereo sound cables (not even HDMI!). There is nothing connected to the outputs from the TV. It should be a simple matter of Finding the TV output (wire jack or optical connector) then hopefully the sound system has an available input to match.

David R

Hollandt

My new 4006 has the Summit TV in the living room and underneath it the JBL sound system. I just installed the Dish Playmaker (wally) on the RV outdoor package and all that works great.

The TV has surround sound but it would seem to me that the JBL should be able to have the sound from the TV so it comes out through the ceiling speakers. I have tried all the imputs but none of them selected will play TV sound through the JBL. What am I missing? Does anyone know how Heartland would have wired these two together? Did they wire them together?

My RV had wiring from the Radio/DVD player to the TV, but it was hooked up to allow surround sound through the TV when playing a DVD. It was hooked up on the DVD player to the audio out and the TV on Audio in. Thus the TV had the DVD audio when a DVD was playing. I changed the wiring on the TV to audio out and the wiring on the DVD player to audio in. (just plugs) Now the TV will play through the surround sound when the Radio/DVD player is in AV mode. The DVDs only play through the surround sound now and not the TV.

Hope this helps

garyroee

I'm very happy with this iRV Technology iRV34 Wall Mount RV Stereo: Installation was easy, no surprises and the unit works as expected. Wiring diagram on the unit and in the manual easy to follow, equipped with an HDMI input, simple to install and connect with several devices through Bluetooth,...

FL-JOE

My RV had wiring from the Radio/DVD player to the TV, but it was hooked up to allow surround sound through the TV when playing a DVD. It was hooked up on the DVD player to the audio out and the TV on Audio in. Thus the TV had the DVD audio when a DVD was playing. I changed the wiring on the TV to audio out and the wiring on the DVD player to audio in. (just plugs) Now the TV will play through the surround sound when the Radio/DVD player is in AV mode. The DVDs only play through the surround sound now and not the TV.

Hope this helps
I assume you have a different 2021 model? Mine did not come with a DVD player.

FL-JOE

Did you ever figure it out i have a 4006 and have the same question
I'm pretty sure there is no hookup between the back of the TV and the JBL box underneath it. If I could easily unscrew the two security screws that keep the TV mounted on the wall mount, then I could lift the Summit TV off the wall and probably make the correct connections. Unfortunately Heartland built the box that holds the JBL system under the TV on top of the mantle and until I figure out a way to remove that box I can't remove the TV from the wall. Either there is a way to unfasten that box I'm not seeing, or Heartland was stupid enough to figure customers would never have to remove/replace these TVs.

I'm trying to find time to call back to our selling dealer to see if anyone in their service department knows how the box holding the JBL system can be removed. I figured by now Heartland has put out hundreds of 4006 models with the same defects so the dealer has probably fixed a few. I'll post if I find anything out.

so it is easily fixed!!! i took everything apart. its simple. unscrew the tv from the wall there are 2 screws on top of the tv and 2 below they hold a board that the tv is mounted to. then take the face plate and unscrew the jbl unit. they miss wired my unit and had the RCA wire plugged into the subwoofer not the aux 2...you can simply just move the wire but the hdmi will not work so to play movies or xbox you need to run a hmdi cable. so i just taped a hdmi to the rca cable and pulled it through. got rid of the rca cable and connected the tv into hdmi 1(ARC). select the hdmi mode and it works like a charm. you could even hook up a optical and leave the rca if you want. all the connections are there even a subwoofer you could connect wirelessly which i plan on. good luck

FL-JOE

Wow, I checked and you are 100% correct. I was concentrating on trying to figure out how to unhook from the mount and didn’t consider you can remove the whole back-plate.

So you can hook it up to watch regular TV using ceiling surround sound? I am guessing I won’t know how mine is hooked up wrong until I pull it.
Thanks for posting!

yes. just switching the rca to the aux2 and it will work.....but you will need to install a hdmi if you want to connect to a xbox or play a movie from a tablet through the front of the jbl.

FL-JOE

Done! It all came off/apart as jodymusick described. Of course the first issue was there were two stripped screws holding the mount board. How you can strip square head screws is beyond me but Heartland did the same thing when they installed my frig. Anyway, after pulling the TV w/mount off the wall we separated the two, which we didn't really need to do except it made it easier to see all the RV connections on the back. Pulled JBL unit, found HDMI-ARC on back of TV, ran HDMI cable from there to back of JBL box, turned everything on and we had ceiling speakers!

Reinstalled using same length screws but higher quality and twice as many on the TV mounting board.

Just like most of the major issues I have corrected with this new 4006, Heartland is hooking things up wrong, backwards, or not at all in some cases. I have two more issues to correct then my unit will be 100% in working order after almost 10 months.

Thanks again jodymusick for sharing your original experience in fixing the ceiling speaker issue!