2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthole

Retired
I once again ask if an invite can be sent to Onan for a discussion on their products, troubleshooting and/or repairs. I have seen the number of issues and complaints on the raise on the forum so I again think this would be a well attended seminar for those with that option.

GreatideaJohn

Great idea John. Maybe we can convince them to sell us rebuild kits as well. Or at least come up with a different method of the fuel solenoid shut off.

- - - Updated - - -

fuel solenoid shut off.

On
edit, I think they have, it's called fuel injection :rolleyes:

Bones

I feel the same way Duane, so am conflicted. I am talking with both Ron and Gary and will make my decision soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to see the MORryde products discounted. I'm looking at two things from them. The new steps and the SRE4000 suspension with shackles. Just my thoughts. I hope I'm not starting anything.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would like to see the MORryde products discounted. I'm looking at two things from them. The new steps and the SRE4000 suspension with shackles. Just my thoughts. I hope I'm not starting anything.

Second on the SRE4000 and shackles. Would even buy full price if I could get a good discount on install.

szewczyk_john

After re-reading Duane's post about offering a second vendor, I completely understand what he is saying. I didn't get it until I read it it a few times, sorry about the IM, Duane. I decided to go with the traveling vendor for the disk brake upgrades because he attended a rally last year. I was not only impressed with his presentation, but I was also comforted by the fact that so many other members at this rally had already had his product installed previously and they all spoke so positively about the upgrade. On the other hand, I have not heard as many members regarding the second vendor and the upgrade I am looking at. I have heard glowing things about the vendor but not the specific upgrade that I am looking at. This goes to Duane's point about the market share.

jbeletti

Cummins-Onan Update

I have obtained a contact at Cummins-Onan and sent in my request - hoping for the best. Once we get them on the hook, we can get specific on what the session should look like

jbeletti

Titan Disc Brakes Update

I've spoken with Gary Wheeler at MORryde and Ron Russell with Performance Trailer Braking.

MORryde will be at the rally in full-force as usual with a vending display of products and a seminar. Rally specials will be offered as usual.

It's unlikely that Ron Russell will be at the rally but he will be providing a Rally Special for disc brake installs at the rally. He will provide 1 or more installation teams, depending on how advanced sales and installation scheduling goes.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Titan Disc Brakes Update

I've spoken with Gary Wheeler at MORryde and Ron Russell with Performance Trailer Braking.

MORryde will be at the rally in full-force as usual with a vending display of products and a seminar. Rally specials will be offered as usual.

It's unlikely that Ron Russell will be at the rally but he will be providing a Rally Special for disc brake installs at the rally. He will provide 1 or more installation teams, depending on how advanced sales and installation scheduling goes.

Good deal. Thank you so much for doing this Jim. I appreciate your hard work.

Aandaar

Titan Disc Brakes Update

IMO u can't ask for a better deal. Best of both worlds. Ours where done October in front of the house. The install team was fantastic.

kkamshop

Jim, have you ever tried to get a furniture vendor to come to the rally? Lambright chairs comes to mind.

Dennyha

Cummins-Onan Update

I have obtained a contact at Cummins-Onan and sent in my request - hoping for the best. Once we get them on the hook, we can get specific on what the session should look like

A tech seminar on generator service and troubleshooting by Onan would be great.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes! Several things are happening...

1. Weekly, I create a new rally topic article on the Rally Website (link)
2. Weekly, I create a new rally topic thread in the rally forum (link)
3. Sometime in February, all Club Members of record will be sent an email with rally registration details (date, time and URL)

And anytime you wish, please post your questions about this rally hear in this thread and they will be answered :)

Thanks! Dale and I are looking forward to our first Goshen Rally. We love our Bighorn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jim, have you ever tried to get a furniture vendor to come to the rally? Lambright chairs comes to mind.

I've never been able to get Lambright to come to a rally. I'll reach out to them and see what they say. Thanks for the suggestion!

bdb2047

Tow vehicles.Would it be possible to get a knowledgeable person from the major manufactures to explain their product answer questions ect.?Also Law enforcement or DOT to explain rules and regulation in regard to towing.

dykesj11

Wives?????Sometimes I think I could use a refresher course in backing up my fiver.

My wife and I took the two day RV School training in Palmdale, CA. Around $600 and they have classes all over the US. It was great. They take you through downtown traffic, freeway and plenty of maneuvering and parking. Also, team approach - Lynn does the parking with me directing. I highly recommend it. First time out after that, took a wrong turn on dead in street. Lynn hoped in driver seat and I directed. Got us turned around quickly and on our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

olcoon

Yep, hands on driving for the wives would be great! Sally has pulled ours twice on interstates, but lacks confidence. Even though I thought she did great.

dykesj11

My wife and I took the two day RV School training in Palmdale, CA. Around $600 and they have classes all over the US. It was great. They take you through downtown traffic, freeway and plenty of maneuvering and parking. Also, team approach - Lynn does the parking with me directing. I highly recommend it. First time out after that, took a wrong turn on dead in street. Lynn hoped in driver seat and I directed. Got us turned around quickly and on our way.

I think RV School does training at pre-rallies too. It would be worth getting them. Well worth it in our opinion.

HOOKERUP

DW has already made, for sale sign up to put on complete rig where it sits ,if she has to drive.
cool.png
(other people safety )

dykesj11

DW has already made, for sale sign up to put on complete rig where it sits ,if she has to drive.
cool.png
(other people safety )

That's funny! Lynn can but doesn't do any driving but for parking, she gets behind the wheel and I am the director providing all the instructions. It's a great system and our instructor Ron made Lynn very comfortable driving and taking instructions for parking. (Ron thought I like most husbands might not be at good taking instructions - Lynn just smiled.)

Status
Not open for further replies.