2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia_Biker

Our first Goshen rally was on Ring Road backed up to the tracks.

As that train is coming down the track at night at first you think ah..just a small tremor....then as it passes your RV you swear it's a tornado or the **** train is coming right thru your rig.. just then the whistle blows scares the **** out of you not to mention any adult beverages you may have consumed.

My story! .... my wife claims she never heard it...

I am not letting my wife see this reply - I love trains, have a huge HO Model Railroad - I am sure we will survive

pegmikef

My experience, the one time I attended the national rally, is unless you are deaf, you will hear the trains just fine wherever you are in the fairgrounds. Those guys really get a lot of mileage out of their train horns!

porthole

Retired
One of the rallies we were right across the path from the tracks for the first week, maybe 50 feet from the tree line.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.
At least the trains keep moving.

When I picked up our trailer from the dealer I spent over a week in their lot, next to the train yard.
Although there were very few whistles and no 5 minute rumbling trains going through, the constant back and forth was starting to get a little bit much.

Think about 100+ cars being pulled from a dead stop. Every single coupler has slack that is taken up with a resounding clunk.
And once they move them 100' it seemed they had to back them all up, again taken up the slack - repeat - all night and day long.

dykesj11

Our first Goshen rally was on Ring Road backed up to the tracks.

As that train is coming down the track at night at first you think ah..just a small tremor....then as it passes your RV you swear it's a tornado or the **** train is coming right thru your rig.. just then the whistle blows scares the **** out of you not to mention any adult beverages you may have consumed.

My story! .... my wife claims she never heard it...

No matter what anyone else posts, this is the funniest darn thing on here. We've had trains at most of our spots over the last few months. We just think of My Cousin Vinny and laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We've had trains at most of our spots over the last few months. We just think of My Cousin Vinny and laugh.
I think it's requirement of building a campground that it has to be near a railroad line.
Some of the better ones are just closer.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
e80dc1272c02632b925c8f39110cc6cd.jpg

959836539bd90b6cb7c5c2889a9374a5.jpg

Funny, we didn't mind seeing/hearing this train multiple times a day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Durango/Silverton?

Yep!! We stayed at Westerly RV park, near Trimble Hot Springs, the only park open year round. They are right across the road (550) from the tracks.

olcoon

Or in the flight path of a major airport.

Anyone who went to the Missouri rally last summer can relate to that. The campground was right on the flight path for KCI airport. KCI wasn't that far away, so the planes were flying low, low enough that even sitting next to someone you'd have to yell to be heard! Didn't matter though, we still had a great time!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome photos Erika!!!

SteamboatSailor

Finally! our new RW427 is scheduled to be shipped off to the dealer in the next week or so & we'll be heading out to pick it up, so just signed up for the Goshen rally.

I appologize if this question has been answered earlier in this thread, but rather than wade through 54 pages of the thread looking for an answer.....
We'll be arriving Goshen no later than June 05 as I'd like to make the "mastering you RV " seminar that starts 06/06 a.m. The rally registration lists 06/06 as the earliest checkin with RV. What's the procedure for arrival/checkin prior to 06/06?

TravelTiger

Finally! our new RW427 is scheduled to be shipped off to the dealer in the next week or so & we'll be heading out to pick it up, so just signed up for the Goshen rally.

I appologize if this question has been answered earlier in this thread, but rather than wade through 54 pages of the thread looking for an answer.....
We'll be arriving Goshen no later than June 05 as I'd like to make the "mastering you RV " seminar that starts 06/06 a.m. The rally registration lists 06/06 as the earliest checkin with RV. What's the procedure for arrival/checkin prior to 06/06?

You call the park directly to make a reservation before the 6th. Others will chime in I'm sure with details.

plshilo

We just called the Office and got the same spot we had reserved for the rally......Hope that Helps

dykesj11

Same here. Talked to Bev at the fairground, gave her our site for the rally, she took care of us. Also, I think Julie Hancock(club@heartlandowners.org) wanted to know folks who were checking in early.

pegmikef

Same here. Talked to Bev at the fairground, gave her our site for the rally, she took care of us. Also, I think Julie Hancock(club@heartlandowners.org) wanted to know folks who were checking in early.

Yep, drop an email on Julie after you have talked to Bev. If you don't have a specific site, just give her the area. The parking staff will be parking early arrivals as well.

jbeletti

Is RVlocks planning to attend the rally?
It's unlikely that RVLocks will travel from Utah to vend, but they will be represented in some fashion yet to be determined. It's likely they will create a specials flier with special rally pricing. It's anticipated that online orders can be taken at the rally pricing and perhaps even be fulfilled to your home before you leave for the rally. PM me your interest and I will see if it can be accommodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.