2018 bighorn A/C issues

Hello All, My first post! What a great forum.
Looking to buy a 2018 3575el and wondering is anyone having cooling issues with these units. I just got off the phone with heartland and was told 2018 units should be good because the roof is different.

Thx for any input!

George

jimtoo

Hi George,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Don't know how much info you will get from members about the 2018's, but maybe someone will jump in with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

chaplady

I purchased the 3760 El have not had any issues with cooling the trailer down. However I haven't been in extreme heat and humidity at same time either. I don't foresee issues from what I have seen so far from units.

esscobra

I have one of the first units with the new roof system- 2017 built in jan-feba 3760el as well- based I san Antonio and over the summer here in texas- many times in wide open sun on asphalt at race tracks, have not had any problems cooling trailer- was concerned that I was going to need toad 3rd a/c but so far it hasn't been a time where I thought would need it
-

BighornELK

I have one of the first units with the new roof system- 2017 built in jan-feba 3760el as well- based I san Antonio and over the summer here in texas- many times in wide open sun on asphalt at race tracks, have not had any problems cooling trailer- was concerned that I was going to need toad 3rd a/c but so far it hasn't been a time where I thought would need it
-

What is the new roof system?

esscobra

so during dec 2016 during routine holiday factory shut-down- they changed roof structure/ a/c duct design on new unit - rather than foam with cutouts as a/c ducting- they are using actual ducting and standard type batting insulation - think house stlye pink stuff - except it green and thicker-

so during dec 2016 during routine holiday factory shut-down- they changed roof structure/ a/c duct design on new unit - rather than foam with cutouts as a/c ducting- they are using actual ducting and standard type batting insulation - think house stlye pink stuff - except it green and thicker-

Is this on all Bighorn models or just certain ones?

Thx for the input. That is one issue my bride and I did not want to deal with. Looks like we r going to be new bighorn owners.

SNOKING

All the while they claimed the leaky tiki earlier was not a problem. If it was not a problem, why did they feel a need to change it? Chris

CDN

B and B
I have the old roof design my 2017 and this past summer we had no issues with AC keeping the Bighorn Cool! Pull the pin, this is by far the best fifth wheel we have owned.

Brian

rttate1

I have a 2018 Bighorn front Bath. The AC in the bedroom makes a resonance type of noise. It is worse when both units are running. Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions on what to look for?

Wmnmy

I don't have your model but our 2018 big country cooled down fast in 100 degree weather and wasn't too loud .