3 circuits not working after a moving day

RickL

Ok, so I’ve struggled trying to find the answer to my issue on the HUG so I’m trying this approach. After moving today our microwave will not power on. So I started checking other things to see if I had a common issue. The other items I found are both plugs in the forward roadside slide out that feed the washer and dryer. Also, the fireplace in the living area is also dead on power. That along with the microwave are located in the roadside rear slide out.

The other thing that stopped working is the power control system central monitor panel. It says it no no communication.

I have taken voltage readings at the 4 different receptacles and there is no power. I also checked for voltage the circuit breakers and there is voltage at the breakers. Turning the breakers on and off does cut the voltage.

Any ideas of where to start as there are separate breakers for the microwave, washer/dryer and the fireplace. If it was all contained to one slide I would be checking connections under the slide, however being two different slides gets me to think it is something very simple that I’m overlooking.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you have lost half of your 50 amp power.
Have you checked both legs for power at the pedestal?
Checked for power at the back of your main breakers?
Do you have a generator or generator prep? If so check the transfer switch for loose wires as well as power on both wires coming into the transfer switch.

Peace
Dave

RickL

I have a surge guard hardwired and both legs show the same voltage. Plus I have “E0” showing which means no codes were set. Also, I don’t have a generator but I do have the generator prepped package installed.

An an interesting point however is my wife inadvertently hit both the gen start and the stop/prime buttons thinking she was turning on the water heater.

I did unplug the 50 amp service and let it sit for 30 seconds in hope it may reset the system. No go obviously.

Go-Fly

Having voltage at all the breakers means the break in voltage is between the breaker and the outlets. Each slide has a j-box, before the flex line on the slide. Check those boxes for power next and let us know.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to try is turning off all of your breakers then turn them back on.
They may appear to be fine but could be tripped. I'm leaning toward your main breakers.

Peace
Dave

RickL

Another thing to try is turning off all of your breakers then turn them back on.
They may appear to be fine but could be tripped. I'm leaning toward your main breakers.

Peace
Dave

Yup one of the very first things I did. Cycled not only the main but every breaker in the box. Plus I checked the 12 volt fuses in case there was something there.

The power control monitor not working leads me to think it may have something to due with the issue. Not sure if there is a way to reboot that system or not.

danemayer

All of the loads that aren't working are managed by the Precision Controls System. The screen error that says "No Communication" suggests that the display panel is not communicating with the controller mounted to the circuit breaker panel. You might check the connector behind the display panel and see if it came loose. I think it uses an RJ-11 phone connector. The other end plugs into the control board at the circuit breaker panel. You'll have to remove the breaker panel cover to check there.

If the connectors look ok at both ends, carefully check for loose wires inside the circuit breaker panel.

If all looks ok, try disconnecting the RJ-11 connector at the display panel. The may put you into "Limp Home" mode which would restore power to everything. The PCS would not be controlling power usage in "Limp Home" mode.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to call PCS 630-515-9100.

Let us know what you find.

Here's a link to the folder with PCS documents.

RickL

All of the loads that aren't working are managed by the Precision Controls System. The screen error that says "No Communication" suggests that the display panel is not communicating with the controller mounted to the circuit breaker panel. You might check the connector behind the display panel and see if it came loose. I think it uses an RJ-11 phone connector. The other end plugs into the control board at the circuit breaker panel. You'll have to remove the breaker panel cover to check there.

If the connectors look ok at both ends, carefully check for loose wires inside the circuit breaker panel.

If all looks ok, try disconnecting the RJ-11 connector at the display panel. The may put you into "Limp Home" mode which would restore power to everything. The PCS would not be controlling power usage in "Limp Home" mode.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to call PCS 630-515-9100.

Let us know what you find.

Here's a link to the folder with PCS documents.

Yup pulled the panel and double checked the RJ-11 connector. It is the only connector to the display panel that I can see. I did unplug it during the removal process but plugged it back in when I re-installed the panel. I did pull the front cover off the circuit breaker but didn’t see the other end, at least that was viewable. I’m assuming I have to pull the entire box out to view the backside?

danemayer

Yup pulled the panel and double checked the RJ-11 connector. It is the only connector to the display panel that I can see. I did unplug it during the removal process but plugged it back in when I re-installed the panel. I did pull the front cover off the circuit breaker but didn’t see the other end, at least that was viewable. I’m assuming I have to pull the entire box out to view the backside?

Before pulling on the box, you might want to turn off the power at the pedestal to be safe.

Pull carefully, and while there, check all around for loose wires or any signs of heat damage. Not necessarily related to your problem, but good to check while in there.

I'm not sure how the connectors attach, or where. I'll hazard a guess it might be on the left side, but I'm unsure.

RickL

Ok after discussing the issue with Heartland it basically came down to I stumped the band. I left it at I would upon my move the next day I would totally shut off all power. I never killed the battery cutoffs.

So so after moving today I did just that. Eureka! It is all back to normal.

Thanks to to everyone for thier input.