4 12 volt batteries, how should they be wired?

thoma16

I have a 2009 heartland cyclone 4012 with 4 deep cycle 12 v batteries. They were all junk when I bought the camper. Wondering how they should be wired up. It seems to me that they were wired in series/parallel and just isn't making sense, that would make it a 24 volt system wouldn't it? Can someone draw a diagram how they should be wired? Thanks!

jimtoo

HI thoma16,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If they are all 12v.... then they must be wired... + to + to + to +,,, and minus to minus to minus to minus. This will keep you at 12 volts.

We have a really good Heartland user guide for almost anything on your unit that is mostly all written by Heartland owners and put together by Dan Mayer and others.

Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies where you will meet the best folks and eat the best food.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

scottyb

Here's another website showing several different configurations of 12V and 6V, as well as a ton of information. BTW you can get more Ah with 4 - T-105 6V batteries using about the same footprint, and have true deep cycle batteries, instead of hybrid marine batteries.

I have 4 6 volt batteries wired in series/parallel and love it. This is the way to go. They last almost twice as long as 4 12 volt batteries.