4200 cyclone lliving room slide issues

Tree14

This morning my husband and I were prepping to leave our site and when we attempted to bring in slide it was cocked up extremely high. It looked like it was going to fall out. The top wasn't coming in. It finally tipped forward but we are extremely concerned.
Any ideas and we have never filed a claim. We are headed to our Florida destination where are going to live in our Cyclone. Probably need help with repair claim..

Ugh, thanks so much!

Tammie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just one thought, did you check for any obstructions?
Years ago I had that exact thing happen.
The slide straightened out when the cabinet door ripped from its hinges.

Peace
Dave

2PawsRiver

Our 4270 has about a 1/2 second delay between the top and the bottom......tops starts in then half a second or so later the bottom comes in.....always makes us panic a bit, but it always works......thank God.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The Hydraulic slides are only connected at the bottom under the slide. So with that said if the top seal is sticking or frozen to each other, or anything like that it will hold until it gets free. I've had sticky seals and I've also had (on my Toy hauler) the inner wall board catch on the slide trim.

It's probably nothing to worry about just keep a eye on it and make sure the top releases from the seal shortly after you start pulling it in. Or go in a few inches and wait then check to see if it has stated coming in also.

I hope this made sense and helps you.

Jerrod

Dumas

We have a cyclone as well and I can at least tell you that it does move in/out at a bit of an angle bottom to top and sets itself level when completely out and completely in. We’re a tower maintenance crew and I’ll try to remember to grab one of our angle finder tools, see what the normal angle is while putting it in and report back 😀

LBR

We have a cyclone as well and I can at least tell you that it does move in/out at a bit of an angle bottom to top and sets itself level when completely out and completely in. We’re a tower maintenance crew and I’ll try to remember to grab one of our angle finder tools, see what the normal angle is while putting it in and report back
Same with ours...I would be surprised to see one that could move the top and bottom exactly the same amount all the time.

Tree14

We looked at some triple axles at show and it appears we need to run the nut up. Fir some reason it has worked its way back. Too much travel

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We looked at some triple axles at show and it appears we need to run the nut up. Fir some reason it has worked its way back. Too much travel

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
What nut are you talking about..
If it's the nut on the ram they are like that for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Has anyone had a problem with the living room slide that will not come in without a pause?

It takes us about 5 minutes to get the slide all the way in. The slide will come in a little, pause and after a minute or two I can push the button and it will come in a little more, then stop. Wait a minute more then it will come in a little more. I am reminded of coaxing an animal out of a cage or something...little bit at a time.

Same thing when we raise the automatic stablizers, feet, when we are hooked up and ready to move.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Has anyone had a problem with the living room slide that will not come in without a pause?

It takes us about 5 minutes to get the slide all the way in. The slide will come in a little, pause and after a minute or two I can push the button and it will come in a little more, then stop. Wait a minute more then it will come in a little more. I am reminded of coaxing an animal out of a cage or something...little bit at a time.

Same thing when we raise the automatic stablizers, feet, when we are hooked up and ready to move.

Hi Autumnspell,

Take a look at our Hydraulic Slideout Starts and Stops user guide. It explains what's happening, why, and how to fix it.

Dumas

First, let me just say that my husband talked more to the tech so pardon my not having better terminology on this!
A few things:
1) Are you on shore power or the generator when doing your slides? We had issues with battery draw and slide/jack functionality; which leads to...
2) We found out the amperage isn’t enough for slides/jacks (and the jacks always use battery). It comes from the factory with 50 amp and can (ours did) burn out the main connection at the busbar right by the battery. We had to have that replaced and they changed our 50 amp to 100 amp at that same busbar. We haven’t had a problem since. We had it at a camping world for warranty work and they told us this isn’t an unknown issue for this model so it shouldn’t be hard to get better information than I can provide. All I can say as a starting point is that everything that was fixed/modified was at the busbar on the wall behind the batteries.
Hope this helps!