5er, hdt, striping finally completed!

steiny93

we ordered our 3950 on march 3rd and this last friday the final piece of the puzzle finally fell into place
here is a pic of the final product just after the truck returned from striping

it definately took longer then we anticipated; getting the hdt licensed as a motorhome was a pretty big pain in the butt; but absolutely worth it

IMG_5005.jpg

just had to share!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Noobie

What did you have to do to get it licensed as a MH ? We are on the fence between buying a F450 and HDT to pull the 4100 cyclone we are planning to purchase

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
That is a very nice set up. I do have a question of those pulling with a semi. How many miles to the gallon are you guys getting?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Where did you get it painted. Looks good. A friend had his MDT, Teton & Jeep painted to match. Looks good. Don't know if you know Steve Bates..

BC

Speedy

Not any better than your F-350, just better towing and braking performance. Lots of pros to a HDT and just as many cons' depends on where you stand and where you are in life.

It's a great looking rig and I hope to see at a rally in the coming year since he's from Minnesota as we are.

steiny93

What did you have to do to get it licensed as a MH ? We are on the fence between buying a F450 and HDT to pull the 4100 cyclone we are planning to purchase

in MN you need to fulfill (i think its 4) of a possible 8 items
sink/shore power/separate ac & heat/toilet/lp cooking/fridge and a couple i forgot

you install them; then take some pics and head into the dmv; a small fee later your good to go as a mh

steiny93

That is a very nice set up. I do have a question of those pulling with a semi. How many miles to the gallon are you guys getting?

empty we got 12.7 from AZ to MN
towing the cyclone we've gotten between 9.5 and 10.0; we have about 3000 miles on the cyclone this year; so it has been very consistant

i'm getting better mileage then my inlaws diesel pusher motorhome, better then the gas pickups towing with us and similar to the diesel pickups; but none of them are pulling as much weight

steiny93

Where did you get it painted. Looks good. A friend had his MDT, Teton & Jeep painted to match. Looks good. Don't know if you know Steve Bates..
BC

I ordered all the same graphics direct from heartland; then had a local striping shop do the install; worked out great

steiny93

Not any better than your F-350, just better towing and braking performance. Lots of pros to a HDT and just as many cons' depends on where you stand and where you are in life.

It's a great looking rig and I hope to see at a rally in the coming year since he's from Minnesota as we are.

spot on regarding the pros & cons
very happy with the mileage / range / capacity / space / comfort when towing; it is a very calm, smooth, quiet experience
depending on your wheel base and overhang manuverability can be tricky
if you head deep off road an hdt can get you in trouble; but with pin weights as high as these pickups aren't going to be offroading much with a 40+ toyhauler

all in all
i'm very happy with the shift to an hdt; i don't see us going back to a pickup for anything this heavy; perhaps a 4wd mdt; but definately not a pickup

going forward; i don't see us going to a smaller toyhauler; in fact the wife has already started eye balling full on semi trailer customs; going that route will fully cement us into the hdt market