5th Wheel hitch

So the wife and I are buying a new 5th Wheel hitch, and was wondering if anyone has any advice. WE have a 2013 RAM Dully with the 6 foot bed. I opted for the Dodge fifth wheel package which has pre cut holes in the bed. I was looking at the Reece 16K, but do I need anything special?

emm4273610re

you'll need the picture frame which locks into the pucks under the bed and allows your 5th wheel to mount into that. Reese picture frame is on nation wide back order. I paid extra and bought one from Ram.

Vinny773

I just bought the 2014 Ram 3500 Long Bed Dually. Reese is backed up nation wide. I'm looking at the PullRite Hitch and using their picture frame they have for our Ram. I believe the model#2100 and it's 20,000 lbs. Anyone have any experience with the PullRite Hitches, made in America? All advise welcome.

aRAYwego

I used the pullrite auto slide hitch with the mopar picture frame on my Ram dually. Worked excellent. I recently bought the Curt Q24 because I didnt need the slider anymore. Have not towed with new hitch yet. Hopefully soon. Now I have a pullrite for sale.

BIGBAM

B&W companion RVK 3600 for RAM 5th wheel prep should be available the first week of April, according to e-trailer. Hitch is rated at 25K towing and 6500 pin weight.

alex00

I used the Reese adapter and a Curt Q24 hitch. I am coming from a B&W Companion in my old tow vehicle, and am very happy with the Reese/Curt combo. There was talk in another thread that Ram is redesigning the mounting holes, and that the Reese adapter may become obsolete. I just hope if that is the case, that there are enough current Rams for Reese to justify continuing production. Worst case scenario, you have a dealer rip out the Ram OEM underbed mounts and install B&W parts. You'll have a few extra holes in the bed, but they are already there now.

Do yuo guys think the Resse RP 30143 will work? It looks like it fits in the existing holes, and bracket I already have installed