AC and shelves

We have one AC unit in our 3010RE. It does very well even in Florida but it is loud. I don't believe it is the quiet version of the AC. Any thoughts on quieting it down or whether it would be worth while to replace it with a whisper version. Also, how hard is it to add the second unit.
Another question is has anyone added a shelf above the bed or under the windows.

Thanks, have a good day

Roller4tan

My 2014 3010RE came with two ACs and shelves under both windows on the bed slideout. The shelves are about 4" wide and 12" long and work out fine, haven't hit my head on them yet. I imagine the opening is prewired for an AC in the bedroom. Yes they are loud, but I'm grateful for the cold air on hot days and high humidity. I'm able to sleep thru the one running in the bedroom as well.

Garypowell

My 3010 came with two A/C's and yes they are loud. I initially installed closable vents (got them either at lowes or HD). We work out of our unit and on cooler days and evenings we close these vents and there is enough cooling power to keep the main coach cool for our phone work or watching TV. Then open them up to sleep.

Certainly on hot days you need them both running.

I added a second unit unit on my previous HL Bighorn and it was a fairly straight forward job. Just make sure you are wired for it.